XS Sights for SR40

Help Support Ruger Forum:

WolfePack01

Bearcat
Has anyone picked up the XS sights for the SR40 (or SR9)? If so, how do you like them? Any pics?

209Man

Bearcat
WolfePack01 said:
Has anyone picked up the XS sights for the SR40 (or SR9)? If so, how do you like them? Any pics?

Not yet, but that is next for my SR9..

A

Anonymous

Ask and ye shall recieve.

img1223v.jpg

img1222w.jpg

img1212r.jpg

img1210u.jpg

img1208e.jpg

...And yes they are as fast as they look and they work fine with the Comp-tac MTAC.

209Man

Bearcat
Those look vn on that gun! Can't wait to get mine. Did you install them or have your local GS install?

A

Anonymous

I had them installed for $20.00 at Thunderbird Tactical here in Wichita. Ruger installs them tight and the original rear sight body is a mother to get off.

I had a little bit of a tough time deciding between the XS Big Dot and the Ameriglo Operators with the orange front sight ring.

I have a set of the Orange Front Sight Ring Operators on a S&W SD40 and like them quite well. But when I called Ameriglo to special order a set for the SR9c they were on back order.

I'd been on the fence about the XS Big Dot vs Ameriglo operator question and decided to go a head and get the Big Dot.

It was the right choice. I'm really pretty impressed with the XS product. The Sr9c is my EDC pistol and frankly the XS is super fast at across the room distances. Much faster than the Operators in all light conditions.

I still like the Operators on the Apex'ed S&W SD40 but thats because that pistol has a different role and is used more in the when things go bump in the night role (It usually wears that S&W weapon light. I really just slipped it on the SR9c because we were dressing it up for school pics.)

Hitides

Bearcat
I ordered a set of the XS Big Dots today from Ruger for my SR9c. Hope they help these old bi-focaled eyes see the targets better and faster when shooting IDPA.

A

Anonymous

The Weapon pictured above is my Every Day Carry.

I'm 48 and wear bifocal lenses. In my opinion the XS IS THE ONLY NIGHT SIGHT OPTION FOR SHOOTERS APPROACHING MIDDLE AGE, THAT REQUIRE BIFOCAL LENSES.

When you get your XS Big Dots for your SR9c. I feel certain you will agree.

Hitides

Bearcat
Mylastrook, how did your SR9c shoot with the XS Big Dot sights? I installed mine yesterday, went to the range today and at 10 yards with the sights aligned to the target per XS recommendations I was shooting 9"-10" low. I have a slight gap between the front sight and the slide, I think I will try taking a little more off the bottom of the front sight to see if that will help, my only concern is taking more off the bottom may make the sight loose in the slides dovetail. I love how easy it is to acquire the target with these sights but definitely need to get on target. Any suggestions?