Fancy,Full Custom, Pre-WWII,Model 70 Winchester,.270 Caliber

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Short Barrel

Blackhawk
This is my only "safe queen".The late Jim Lewis of Butte,MT built this for me on a pre-WWII model 70 action and 22",#1 contour Shilen barrel.Jim was an amazing rifle builder and machinist-a true one man show.

The action was blue printed and Jim machined the scope bases while mounted on the reciever,so they are perfectly aligned for the Talley detachable rings.The bases are permanently attached with no screws showing.

The Receiver,barrel and floor plate have a fine matt blue.The bolt handle and steel grip cap are high polish blue.Steel,Neidner buttplate.Jim even machined his own 2 screw sling swivel stud for thw butt stock.The front is a barrel band swivel stud.There is a gold inlaid "B" on the checkered bolt knob and a gold,inlaid "JB" on the steel grip cap.

I didn't photograph this but all the screws-2 action screws,2 grip cap screws and 2 sling swivel stud screws,have the slots oriented perfectly with the centerline of the gun.I don't know how that is done but it looks really cool.

I will get more pictures up in a bit.
DSC_0002b-1.jpg

Short Barrel

Blackhawk
The stock began as a $700 blank of fancy English walnut.Wood to metal fit is flawless as is the fine checkering.The front checkering panel,wraps around the fore end.

The bolt body is finely jeweled.

I have considerably more in it but am selling for $4,500.More pictures to come.
DSC_0005b.jpg

Short Barrel

Blackhawk
I hope you enjoyed looking at this one.I think Jack O'Connor would have approved.We miss you Jim.
DSC_0001a-3.jpg

Short Barrel

Blackhawk
Yes Boxhead,above the second picture I put the price of $4,500.I should have posted that at the beginning.I got too wound up describing the rifle.