Stripper Clip for M77?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

blankman

Bearcat
I'm looking to buy an M77 (in .30-06) and I have what may be a stupid noobie question:

Is there some sort of stripper clip or loading aid for 5 rounds, or does the ammo need to be loaded one round at a time?

pisgah

Buckeye
Well, to use a stripper clip the M77 would need a slot for the clip to fit in to, which it does't have; and, it would preclude use of a scope, which most shooters want on a M77 (mony models don't even come with iron sights).

Major T

Blackhawk
One of my fellow workers used to shoot hipower with either a Rem or Win in .30-06 (iron sighted bolt gun.) He had a stripper slot that he came up with that screwed into the rear scope mount holes. Don't know if he bought it or had it made, but it worked. I suppose one could do the same on a round top 77 or have some talented person with the right welding equipment modify the rear bridge. What to do about a scope??? Luck, Jack

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
blankman said:
I'm looking to buy an M77 (in .30-06) and I have what may be a stupid noobie question:

Is there some sort of stripper clip or loading aid for 5 rounds, or does the ammo need to be loaded one round at a time?

I guess I gotta ask why?? Seems like a stupid idea to me on a Ruger. Sorry but being honest here. You don"t have the capacity in the first place and second , the money spent to make everything functional would be better spent on a rifle already equipped.

Pal Val

Buckeye
Reading the question again, I think the fellow was just asking a simple question. So, a reasonable answer, I think, could be: No, there is no provision for a stripper clip, and, yes, you load the rounds one by one.

The slow loading would be a problem in a rifle meant for military or police work. For sporting use, it's immaterial.

Major T

Blackhawk
I'm not a formal targtet shooter, but my belief is that highpower competition requires iron sights and shots out to 600 yds. I also think there is a rapid fire stage that lets one shoot slower if they can load faster. Maybe that is what blankman is seeking info for. Jack

Latest posts