RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:08 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:47 am 
Hunter

Hello, does anyone have any experience with the KIDD barrels and or trigger groups? I'm thinking of upgrading my 10/22. KIDD gets good reviews at rimfirecentral. I'm going to put my tax refund to good use this year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:13 pm 
Hunter

I have the 10 inch stainless Kidd barrel on my Ruger charger--VERY accurate even with Federal 550 boxes from Wal-mart 50 yd. no problem 8) 100 yd's more interesting :lol: Trigger pull is a must for me--2 pound just right.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:41 pm 
Blackhawk

Have the Kidd trigger (2 stage) and delighted with it. Used to high quality triggers as found in Anschutz, and Jewell aftermarket triggers for center-fire bolt actions, so REALLY spoiled...

Bought the 2 stage Kidd and have it adjusted to 3 oz. per stage (6 oz. total) and just delighted with it. It is repeatable (Lyman trigger pull digital scale).

Just bought a Kidd bull barrel, mounted it to the 10/22, but have not yet had a chance to shot it, but have high expectations.

Hope this helps :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:59 pm 
Hawkeye

Kidd is the creme de la creme for the 10/22 stuff. That said, unless you're to build a top-level build with all the best stuff and for purposes of match shooting, save the $ and take a few steps down the ladder. Basically, if you have to ask if his stuff is good, you probably should be looking at something down the ladder. LOTS of other choices available for less $ that'll still shoot better than most behind the trigger can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:53 pm 
Bearcat

BlkHawk73 wrote:
save the $ and take a few steps down the ladder

Or spend a bunch of money on crap that doesn't meet you expectations and end up buying a KIDD anyway... that's what I ended up doing after trying to save a few bucks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:46 am 
Hunter

I probably will go with the KIDD stuff. My view is, I'm not the best shooter out there, so if I can get a little bit of an advantage with the equipment all the better.

I came to that conclusion at Home Depot yesterday. If I bought (a wood working) tool of "lesser quality" it would be harder for me to get quality results than if I started out with a better quality tool. I'm not the best furniture maker out there either, but enjoy the hobby nonetheless. Needless to say, I left H.D. empty handed. (Gotta save up for the KIDD barrel.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:31 am 
Hawkeye

Lilja 'may' still be a better barrel but otherwise, you can do no better, especially with Tony's triggers. The parts are all precision machined and then hand fitted. It's up to you to decide if it's worth the extra money. Although BlkHawk73 does make an excellent point and it's something to consider.

http://www.sixgunleather.com/index.html