And the sign said................

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SamV

Buckeye
Bob Wright said:
Smith & Wesson stocking dealer.

All they has was guns and ammunition stuff.

Bob Wright
Too bad. I might have ordered something for the wife.

smoke-eater

Blackhawk
6GUNSONLY said:
People at work are always putting up a sign about something. Half the time there is a spelling or grammar error - drives me crazy. If you feel it necessary to post a sign, at least use proper English. And neatness counts, too.

A few years ago, someone posted a photo of a handwritten note taped up on the door of a Burger King that stated, "Sorry we closed we out of meet".

caryc

Hawkeye
smoke-eater said:
6GUNSONLY said:
People at work are always putting up a sign about something. Half the time there is a spelling or grammar error - drives me crazy. If you feel it necessary to post a sign, at least use proper English. And neatness counts, too.

A few years ago, someone posted a photo of a handwritten note taped up on the door of a Burger King that stated, "Sorry we closed we out of meet".

They must have used up their last horse.

toysoldier

Hunter
My brother sends me funny stuff he finds on the 'net. A recent one was a photo of a poster in a shop window, proudly announcing that "Kansas City greets over 2 million visitors analy." :shock:

I visit numerous businesses. The big thing these days is to post warning signs. I'm sure it's all lawyer driven. The best is a door with push on one side and pull on the other. Apparently a young woman rushing somewhere ran smack dab into it.

Yep, you guessed it face plant. Broken nose, cheek bone and teeth. Lawyers got involved and now the door has signs.

Or perhaps the sign in braille "Hot surfaces. Do not touch" on steam lines. Really right on a high pressure steam line. Apparently, the signs are required in writing so folks won't touch the lines. And to be ADA compliant they have to be in braille also.

Rick Courtright said:
Rook said:
AJGUNNER said:
.......long haired freaky people need not apply.

So I tucked my hair up under my hat and went in and asked them why.

Hi,

One of those B-sides that did better than the featured song!

"Grampa, what's a B-side?" :roll:

Rick C

I know he's kidding. I hope he's kidding. But just in case he's really that young or dim, it's be opposite side of a 45 rpm record. They had "A" and "B" imprinted on the label.

toysoldier

Hunter
Jeepnik said:
Or perhaps the sign in braille "Hot surfaces. Do not touch" on steam lines. Really right on a high pressure steam line. Apparently, the signs are required in writing so folks won't touch the lines. And to be ADA compliant they have to be in braille also.

The room number signs on our operating rooms have Braille lettering on the bottom. Blind surgeons?

toysoldier said:
Jeepnik said:

The room number signs on our operating rooms have Braille lettering on the bottom. Blind surgeons?

Hey, it's an equal opportunity / ADA compliant world. You can't tell someone they can't become a brain surgeon just because they are blind. They'd sue.

At the same facility with the push/pull door signs a young woman had a sign on her door. "The only limitations you have are those you place on yourself". I ruined her life one day by asking how many quadriplegic airline pilots she'd ever heard of. She actually looked like she was going to cry.