Replace SR9c barrel with a SR9 barrel?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Iron Mike Golf

Blackhawk
SR9 barrel is significantly longer that the SR9c. So are the slide and frame. Does not look doable to me.

A

Anonymous

This is the main problem I have. I still haven't seen either one.

But this is the train of thought. SR9c barrel is 3.5". SR9, 4.125". By itself, that should not be a problem. Slide goes out forward so length of barrel, in and of itself, shouldn't be an issue.

However, if something inside the slide is different, it might be impossible to make it work. Thinking perhaps the recoil spring unit. And I wouldn't know because I haven't seen either much less look inside.

My idea is to avoid the bulk of the SR9 but take advantage of the FS barrel. Thanks anyway.

A

Anonymous

It should make a difference at 20 yds. And there are no match grade barrels available.

Ruger Nut10

Single-Sixer
I would think the slight bulge at the end of the barrel would not mate up with the short slide so you may have a worse accuracy issue if all other things are the same.

147 Grain

Bearcat
I called Ruger about this exact same issue 2 weeks ago and the technician said that the 4.1" barrel will not work in the compact version because the feedramp and the other adapter are at different angles.

The longer barrel is fine, just that the other parts won't line up.

vacextar

Blackhawk
jehzsa said:
It should make a difference at 20 yds. And there are no match grade barrels available.

Barrel length has virtually nothing to do with accuracy. The only thing you would have to gain is increased velocity....which I admit would be appealing, but if you're thinking that the longer barrel is going to make for tighter groups.....well, it just isn't.

A

Anonymous

147 Grain said:
I called Ruger about this exact same issue 2 weeks ago and the technician said that the 4.1" barrel will not work in the compact version because the feedramp and the other adapter are at different angles.

The longer barrel is fine, just that the other parts won't line up.
Loud and clear. Thanks.

147 Grain

Bearcat
55bowtie said:
If you want the length difference why don't you buy a SR9 ?

Because the compact version is far more refined with an upgraded trigger system and dual recoil springs.

weiss27md

Bearcat
The SR9c is very accurate already as I can shoot 4" groups at 20 yards, standing, unsupported, fully stock. Accuracy is much more in the shooter and not the gun.

A

Anonymous

One more question, 147 Grain.

Is it always like this with the crowd of 13-years old here?

If so, thank you so much for your assistance, but I'm out of here.