Ruger P89 Disassembly Manual

Help Support Ruger Forum:

berettapistols

Blackhawk
https://the-eye.eu/public/Strategic%20Intelligence%20Network/weapons/firearms/manuals/ruger_p89_disassembly_manual.pdf

Ruger P-89 Disassembly Picture Manual

WARNING If You Don't Have the Propper Skills To Try Any Of This Then You Should Seek Out A Qualified Gunsmith
Do This Of Your Own Risk..
Safety Glasses Should Also Be used as a Few of The Parts are Under Spring Tension & Could Fly Away & Cause Injury To Your Eyes

Edited 3-24-19 to note that all the original photos were no longer available.

See the link by gb6491 below that gets you to a PDF of this manual.

berettapistols

Blackhawk
Thanks Guys!!
I am coating my P-89 frame with Ceramic Flat Aluminum now..
One more coat to go..

I also got a P-95 trigger today & haven't modified it YET..
Gonna also trim the extra metal off the front of my only magazine too..

Got 2 P18 LEO magazines + loader coming from another forum member..

Plus got a set of Hogue grips coming too!!

Do all the pictures show up for you all out there??
I may have to rehost a few of them or something??

Enjoy & please save or do anything with it you want..

If I had a PDF I will give it to steve @ steve's Pages..

berettapistols

Blackhawk
I'd say that cleaning the firing pin channel & around the extractor is often over looked..
I cleaned my newer slide up before putting it onto the "Project P-89"
I used some Q-Tips & Hoppes #9 & wiped dry, then some Acetone & use no lube on the extractor or firing pin & channel..
Lube in these areas would cause rubbish to build up..
Better off dry..

I'd had hoped that this could help others out!!
The P-Series is an easy to work on firearm it does take some fiddling to get the sear spring & ejector spring in but with an extra pin on the other side or a similar sized drill bit it's fairly easy to do..

Gary

berettapistols

Blackhawk
Tonight I stripped the P-89 down 4 more times to the hammer..
To do so requires you remove the..
1) Grip Screws & Grips
2) Ejector Assembly, It's Pin & Spring
3) Sear, Sear Spring & It's Pin
4) Blocking Lever & it's Pin
5) Mainspring Cap, Spring, Stirup, & Pin
6) Hammer Pin & Hammer

I worked the hammer hook & the sear hook over with a piece of 600 grit wet/dry wrapped around a small needle file without changing the angles & the results were great, The DA already felt fair so I left that alone..
The SA now feels like a SIG.. The stacking & creep are gone..
Next time I open it up I will polish the hammer & sear hooks with some Mother's Polish & the Dremel Tool to a mirror shine..

berettapistols

Blackhawk
If you can't go directly to that PDF Go to Steve's Manuals page here..
http://www.stevespages.com/page7b.htm
Select - The Manual Ruger Forgot To Write - P89 Disassembly Picture Manual
Enjoy Fellas!!
The PDF is alot better as it doesn't have to load the same as the JPGs..
I only wish I had found this manual when I was starting my "Project P-89"
It now only needs a few new magazines, Those will be here soon, & a range test with several different ammos..

berettapistols

Blackhawk
I figure all these pictures take up alot of bandwidth & that's why they are only Sticky'd for 30 days..
Now being Steve @ Steve'sPages has the manual hosted with some search on the right term anyone should be able to find it without much trouble..

Also after the first sear/hammer fluff I did it again but went from 600 grit to 1200, 1500 & 3000 grit & then polished them both up with flitz & mothers with the dremel..
After the ridges were removed & they have become mated the trigger break is so much sweeter..
Now if I had a Wolff reduced power spring kit I'd be set up..

Ruger P Series Lovers Enjoy!!
Gary

roylt

Hunter
89 and 93 are real simular. Actually the 85,89,90,91,93,94,944 are very close and the 95,97,345 have things incommon too. Basically all the P-guns.

Enjoy and thanks again Berettapistols!

roylt

Hunter
The P89DC was my first pistol. I just like the looks and ease of caring / tinkering / use. Ruger is made in America. Ruger stands behind there products 100%. Something to be said about being all metal. Also the price point. I have always liked the stainless Beretta 92 inox but just can't part with enough money to buy one.

There are other guns out there that are nice too. I also have a few Glocks. HKs are real nice but again, price is a hurdle for me.

Why do you ask? Yea or nay for you?

gb6491

Single-Sixer
Foothills of the Gila Mountains, SW Arizona.
The Steve's Pages link is now password protected, but the .pdf of the manual can still be downloaded here: https://the-eye.eu/public/Strategic%20Intelligence%20Network/weapons/firearms/manuals/ruger_p89_disassembly_manual.pdf
Regards,
Greg

06dilly

Single-Sixer
For anyone interested, I did a full tear down and reassembly video on the P89 and put it on YouTube. My name there is TomD Gunnery. I was frustrated trying to figure it out and spent an incredible number of hours watching too many partially helpful videos. Once I had it down, I decided to just do a recording to help others. I make nothing off it, just happy if it can help out.

P89 Disassembly: https://youtu.be/dgD1m8O9gDk
P89 Reassembly: https://youtu.be/frmryu5rH9c

I have another one where I do a walk through of all the P Series side by side. Hoping to have the time to do more.

Ruger P Series Walkthrough: https://youtu.be/RqnF_TvC-Vw

Hope it helps someone!
TomD

A.J.

Single-Sixer
The P89 was my first semi automatic center fire handgun. It has become my "car gun". No complaints.