Ruger M77 value?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

-sro-

Bearcat
Hi all!

I forget if I posted this some time before but here it goes...

I have a Ruger M77 in 7mm Rem. Mag.

It is from 1976 and has the "200th year of American liberty" marking on the barrel.

Near perfect condition fired 20 rounds through it.

Any idea on the value of the gun in todays market?

Thanks

-sro-

Bearcat
Ok so I did a search and I do already have a post like this, but this time I have included a specific year and the marking on the barrel.

mcknight77

Blackhawk
Market on M77s is pretty flat right now. 200th Year 7Mags are not rare.

Probably worth $450-$500 in 95+%.

If you have the original box add $50.

resident

Single-Sixer
Very few guns actually make good investments within a person's lifetime, regardless of what you hear. They hold their own, is about all, if they are well cared for.
It sold originally for about what it is worth now... which is an actual loss due to inflation.-long time gun "investor".

Heavy Barrel

Single-Sixer
resident":121xufyk said:
Very few guns actually make good investments within a person's lifetime, regardless of what you hear. They hold their own, is about all, if they are well cared for.
It sold originally for about what it is worth now... which is an actual loss due to inflation.-long time gun "investor".

But,when you can buy a 10/22 Mag for $350 and sell if for $875 that's a pretty good investment in my book.Just got to watch what you buy.

I'm thinking if you get $400 I'd take the money and run. In this economy, things are moving much slower. Just as important the 7MMRM is just not a hot mover. At least up here, but that's been my experience over all. It's following is small and once they have one they don't really need another they way they do with some other calibers.

picketpin

Buckeye
I just bought a 77 MKI in 7 Mag off the Classifieds here. It's an ST, ROUND TOP with factory sights and frankly is a lot more rare/uncommon than a standrad R even a "200 Year", I paid $350 Sshipped from a trusted member and friend.

7mm Mags, especially in the "R" configuration aren't rare with a few exceptions.

I think of the "IT's a 1976 200 Year gun" like I think of it's a 1976 Buick and has a different grill than a 1975 or a 1977. Yes, but EVERY Buick built in 1976 has that grill. I never pay a premium for "200 Year" guns.

I agree with the "if you are offered $400, take it and run".

RWT

Latest posts