P94 9mm Magazine Compatibility

Help Support Ruger Forum:

kstoneking

Single-Sixer
I have a newbie-like question to ask if I may. I have been looking to buy some "high capacity" magazines for a P94 9mm I will be receiving soon and haven't had too much luck. Are the magazines for the P85, P95, etc. compatible with the P94? If not, are any 9mm Ruger magazines compatible? Failing that, any sources for in-stock P94 magazines that you know about? I'd appreciate any help you could offer as the only Ruger semi-automatic I've owned is the superb P90 .45. Thank you in advance.

Kenny

Leucoandro

Single-Sixer
kstoneking,

Ruger used to label 15 round cap magazines as being for the P89 (Maybe P85/P89). They labeled the 10 round magazines for the P93/P94/P95.

Ruger has now changed the labeling to P-series 10 round and P-series 15 round. The packaging now says for P85-P95.

The P-series 9mm magazines will work in any P-series 9mm semi-auto (SR9 is not a P-series).

I also understand that Mec-Gar magazines are very good, but I have never tried them.

Here is a link for P-series 9mm magazines. I have bought from them before, and they have always been very good to deal with. I bought 3 blued P89 magazines from them back in 2006.

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/rup89mm15stl.html

Charlie

Leucoandro

Single-Sixer
BTW, you are getting a really good handgun. I really like my P94 9mm. It has proven to be accurate and very reliable. It is also one of the few handguns that I like hogue grips on.

It is a shame that Ruger did not sell more of these. They concentrated sales to LEO's. IMHO the P94 is the Apex of P-series 9mm's.

Charlie

inisfree

Bearcat
The P94 is a great gun as stated earlier. Midway usa has some stuff for it . I bought a manual for it there for around $6 that does a detail striping. I think it is the most comfortable handgun I have owned ...it also has the hogue grips.....best of luck shooting it.
016.jpg
[/img]

kstoneking

Single-Sixer
Thank you gentlemen, I appreciate your imput. If the P94 turns out to be anything like my beloved P90, in terms of reliability and durability, I will be one happy camper. Again, I appreciate the info.

Kenny

kstoneking

Single-Sixer
inisfree,

I went and looked for a manual at Midway but only found one for a P89. Is this the one you purchased? If so, does it work for the P94? Thanks for the link and the information.

Kenny

Al James

Hunter
Good job and good deal eh? I sent you an email regarding the details. Let me know if you need more!