Glock Ultimate Trigger Stop Prt2

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TruthNotRelative

Single-Sixer
The following will illustrate the UTS (Ultimate Trigger Stop) as created by yours truly using Stock Trigger Housing, to fabricate a UTS as marketed by Lone Wolf. Those who are brave enough to do mod's may benefit from my illustrations. Saves ya $25 buck PLUS shipping!

I won't go into an explaination of what the UTS's purpose is (Those interested probably already know), or how it works other than to say that it completely eliminates over-travel and is adjustable.

I recommend a drill press (I don't have one). You will also need the appropriate sized bit (to drill hole in housing), and a Tap & Die set.

I don't know the size of the set-screw, but will try and give clues as to what size you will need.

This is not a difficult mod', the hardest and most critical part is drilling the hole straight. I recommend that if you do not have a drill press and are using a Hand Drill, to get the bit as short as possible so that it does not bend and try and re-direct itself mid drill (happened to me, but I remedied it).

Simply speaking, this mod involves drilling an appropriate sized hole in the Trigger Housing, then threading the hole and inserting a set-screw in the newly drilled hole, then re-installing and adjusting (by dry-firing).

I won't go into disassembly of the Glock as there is tons of how-to's, Youtube, Google search etc. But I will say that once you get it, it is far more simple that a Ruger P.

On to some pics...

1st pic just shows the Lone Wolf Set-Screw, which is a QUARTER inch in length.
Set-Screw.jpg

Next 2 pics illustrate hole in Trigger Housing. Note that your Stock Housing does NOT have this hole.
HoleBothEnds.jpg

AlleninHole.jpg

Next pic illustrates Housing pulled up out of receiver, showing Set-Screw (Installed) in relation to Trigger-Bar.
Housing1.jpg

Next pic shows thread cutting tool.
Threadcutter.jpg

Next pic just shows off some upgrades and mods.
FramePic1.jpg

Yup, that's pretty much it for now, I'll try and answer any forthcoming questions.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Awesome TNR !!! Tremendous instructions and illustrations. You should do this for a living !

Thanks !

REV

TruthNotRelative

Single-Sixer
"Fearless. Shocked And nicely done. Can you do it to an SR9?"

If you're asking me, I have no idea, I'm not familiar with the SR9 in that respect.

Anyone else?

Polecat Carl

Bearcat
TNR,

I did basically the same mod and I used a 2-56 tap with the appropriate drill in my min-mill. I did mine a little differently. I put a hole and a set screw in both sides. I just flipped the housing over in the vice and drilled the other side. My setup has a set screw for over travel and one for pre-travel. The trigger bar moves very little inside the slot. It feels like a 1911 trigger more than it does a Glock. I shoot it only in IDPA matches, it isn't for carry or defense. The only issue that I can see is that my trigger safety doesn't engage anymore since the movement has been reduced and that is the reason for competition only.

Carl

Egalloway

Single-Sixer
Excellent write up. Nice Glock to. Just stippled one for a costumer like that the other week.

ArmedinAZ said:
Fearless. :shock: And nicely done. Can you do it to an
SR9?

Nope the transfer bar is different due to the ejector moving down to disassemble. We are in the early stages of testing that will allow you to adjust both pre and over travel but not on the fire control housing. Looks like it will be second quarter next year for it. Maybe orderly on a core exchange or something similar.
Eric

agentadam

Single-Sixer
I combine the LW UTS with a Ghost Rocket with the trigger stop tab so the trigger bar is stopped on both sides with no flex.

berettapistols

Blackhawk
I've wanted to do that same mod on a few Glocks I've had..
Can you tell me what tap you used?? Pitch & Thread size..
BTW I picked up a 2nd Generation Glock 17L Today..
I have several of the allen screws in various sizes & drilling & tapping plastic should be easy..
Thanks for the pics..

Glock 17L Circa 1990
g17li.jpg

berettapistols

Blackhawk
It would have to be 6/? as 8/32 is too large & I also have some 4/40 set screws that could also work..
The tiny 4/40 ones are the ones I've used to put pre travel screws in MKII factory target triggers..
I might do this MOD but could also just buy the trigger housing already complete at the gunshow for $25..
Her'es the link to the Ultimate Trigger Stop @ Lone Wolf Distributing
http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Products.aspx?CAT=231

jhearne

Buckeye
I took the first image and put it into AutoCAD and measured it against scale using a known 1/4" length, came almost exactly to 6-40. 4-40 would work I'd think too though.

Buying it premade does save some hassle though.

Josh

berettapistols

Blackhawk
I just did this overtravel MOD to my Long Slide Glock 17L & after researching over @ GlockTalk was told to use a 4-40 x 1/4" set screw which worked just perfectly..
Any bigger would weekend the back side of the trigger housing & could possibly break..
This is the same screws I've used in the MKII factory target triggers to have a pre-travel set screw..
I didn't take any pics but this made a big difference in trigger pull
I also put teflon tape on the backside of the set screw to help keep it from vibrating loose..

Glock 17L & Glock 26
g17lg26.jpg

Latest posts