3 screw 45 lc Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

freakindawgen

Single-Sixer
I'm wondering if there was a 3 screw 45 lc Blackhawk and if there was would the S/B grip and trigger guard fit it.Any pics of any variant from back then would be great.

freakindawgen":2krnz9wj said:
I'm wondering if there was a 3 screw 45 lc Blackhawk and if there was would the S/B grip and trigger guard fit it.Any pics of any variant from back then would be great.

Here's one with a SBH brass grip frame, trigger and hammer. Shoots good too! :D

Brassie250Savage002.jpg

Dave :wink:

freakindawgen

Single-Sixer
Beautiful! I like the old 3 screws,but got away from 44 mag.I like the Super Blackhawk but want it in 45lc,looks like I can have it my way!
Thanks

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
I have a couple of 4 5/8" barreled BH's, about 99%, and have been saving them for my boys for about 20 yrs now. Guess I'd better get with it; they're growing up quickly. Of course, they're not short on guns.

shorties-1.jpg

Sonnytoo

Axehandle

Buckeye
I have a ragged old shooter grade 3 screw 45 Colt too... Previous owner fitted a 45 ACP Cylinder... I added the MR3-DB and the CLC claro walnut grips.. There is a SBH hammer for it in the parts box... :D
0042.jpg

REP1954

Blackhawk
I think freakindawgen has now been infected by a virus for which there is no cure for.

freakindawgen

Single-Sixer
I not that bad,I've only got 4 Rugers so far..........

I've always liked the way the 3 screws are made.The minimum gap on the back of the cylinder and the recessed cambers has been missed on newer guns.Just makes a better looking gun.

freakindawgen":23x3g87i said:
I not that bad,I've only got 4 Rugers so far..........

I've always liked the way the 3 screws are made.The minimum gap on the back of the cylinder and the recessed cambers has been missed on newer guns.Just makes a better looking gun.

First sympton is denial...... :roll:

contender

Ruger Guru
Don't let Sam's post fool ya,, there are NOT a LOT of the OM 45's with factory verified brass frames. It's easier to buy the gun,, and later add the brass frame.
But,, yes,, you can have one like that.

freakindawgen

Single-Sixer
Not alot of old models either as it seems.Brass wouls be nice,aluminum ok,but definitly SB style so thinking I have to put together once I find one I'm happy with.

denial.......that river in Egypt?????lol

contender

Ruger Guru
Well, this post begged for me to post pics of a couple of factory brassies I got this year,, one is a 45 LC in 4-5/8" & the other one is a SBH.
Does it help you get a bigger case of Rugeritis?

brassies001.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
Oh,, I could make the pain REAL bad if I told ya what I paid for them,,,! :D The 45 is a very, very nice gun. Complete package short of the shipper.

Latest posts