SR9 after market parts

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gommee

Bearcat
I am looking for a few places online that I can purchase any upgraded parts for my SR9. I would appreciate any help that any-one can give me.

Thank You

jhearne

Buckeye
There isn't much out there for 'upgrades', yet. Ghost Inc. is coming out with a trigger bar upgrade to lower the trigger pull down to a favorable 3.5 lbs and 5 lbs....2 options to choose from IIRC.

Other than that there is a few options for Sights, mainly a Tru-Glow option, but rear only I believe...I have no experience with it personally but others here can chime in on it, I've read good things though.

Any laser/light combination fit for the rail of a pistol should work just fine. I don't have one/use one, others can chime in as well, there's quite a few options for that.

Josh

recoilguy

Bearcat
What kind of upgrade are you looking for? Cosmetically there aren't many. Maybe if we knew what you were thinking we could be more help..........

RCG

gommee

Bearcat
Things I am looking for:
Spring kits
Guide rod assemblies
Sights (I found - HighViz, TruGlow, WilliamsSights)
Extended Mag release
Firing pin replacement
Striker spring, cup and shaft replacements
Upgraded trigger bar
And any other aftermarket parts that can get the 25 lbs trigger to 3-5 lbs
:shock:

jhearne

Buckeye
Spring kits - Ruger or on your own, and at your own risk.
Guide rod assemblies - Other than from Ruger, none known.
Sights (I found - HighViz, TruGlow, WilliamsSights)
Extended Mag release - None known, but you could have one made.
Firing pin replacement - Stock Replacement - Ruger. Aftermarket, none known, no knowledge of intentions to have one made aftermarket.
Striker spring, cup and shaft replacements - Ruger.
Upgraded trigger bar Ghost Inc, product not yet released, but in the final stages
And any other aftermarket parts that can get the 25 lbs trigger to 3-5 lbs
:shock: See Upgraded Trigger Bar

Josh

Egalloway

Single-Sixer
We are currently working on several of the products you mentioned here. We have finalized the mag extensions in a +2 and a +6 setup. We are in the prototyping stage of a mag well. Also on the drawing board is new solid guide rods made in aluminum and tungsten, extended mag release is on the table but not sure of interest. Are you looking for a simple extended mag button or a extended swept back style.
Give me some input and I'll put it on the table.
We hope to have the mag extensions and mag well on the market by years end.
We will have a website up as soon as the legal stuff is done separating this part of the company from our primary business. I'd also like to add that all of our products will be made 100% in the USA.

gommee

Bearcat
coldarkstare":1nxdo1nu said:
i would really like to see the tungsten guide rod and extended mag release (tungsten also :) ) and maybe a extended slide stop. :D

As my list states, I am looking for all those parts. There is no-one out there that supplies these parts.

coldarkstare

Bearcat
gommee":3sye0qyq said:
coldarkstare":3sye0qyq said:
i would really like to see the tungsten guide rod and extended mag release (tungsten also :) ) and maybe a extended slide stop. :D

As my list states, I am looking for all those parts. There is no-one out there that supplies these parts.
this was meant to be a quote to Egalloway(my bad ) but im glad to see there is others lookn for the same products which will create a demand :D in which egalloway is workn to provide.

gommee

Bearcat
coldarkstare":2g47e2ci said:
gommee":2g47e2ci said:
coldarkstare":2g47e2ci said:

this was meant to be a quote to Egalloway(my bad ) but im glad to see there is others lookn for the same products which will create a demand :D in which egalloway is workn to provide.

The more people that show interest, the more demand, the more likely it will be worth producing. Sorry if I stole your Thunder... :wink:

Egalloway

Single-Sixer
The guide rod on the list. Got to see the solid model of the mag well. It's coming along nicely. Should have the protos shortly. We have started looking into guide rod using a floating bushing. Should be moving along on it next.

Supercharged86

Bearcat
Sign me up for everything! For anyone interested the Streamlight TLR-2 light/laser works very nice on this model. Unfortunately, the muzzle flash burns the finish off the top of the light, so I had to cover it with a vinyl slip on cap for range action.