End shake--return to Ruger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Flashman

Bearcat
Has anyone returned their Ruger revolver to Ruger indicating excessive end shake. Did they fix the problem? If not, was the comment that it was within factory specs?

Thanks.

DGW1949

Hunter
I've never sent any gun in to Ruger for any kind of work.
But if I was thinking about it though, I'd call them first...just to see if whatever end-shake I was concerned with was (or wasn't) within whatever they consider "Spec" to be.

Just a suggestion....not trying to run your business.

DGW

G. Freeman

Bearcat
How much endshake are we talking about here and what firearm are you referring to?

There was an older post from a forum member who had excessive b/c gap in his single-action Ruger. IIRC, Ruger did a beatiful job fixing it by removing the barrel, making readjustments and screwing it back, plus other repairs. The level of work satisfied the OP.

Wondering as to what you are finding at 'fault' with the end shake? blow by? (splatter) misfires? cases dragging against the recoil shield??what is the b/c gap on this gun?? and is that with the cylinder "pushed back".......as said above,call them and relate the "problem/issue" you are having, its all a 'guess' with out "seeing" it...............we've seen some that actually "rattle" back and forth and they shoot just fine...so go figure.