Ruger Mark III Hunter Issues

Help Support Ruger Forum:

G. Freeman

Bearcat
The jams and FTE's are just not acceptable. I have three MK II's. A couple of them exhibited a few FTE's so I changed out the extractor to a VQ unit.

Have not had an FTE since. I can run up to a box of Wallyworld Federals or Remingtons (without cleaning in between) without any issues. It will probably keep on running, but I like to clean my guns after finishing a box of ammo.

raw6464

Bearcat
zenbiker":xgei7woc said:
raw...I'm trying to understand the reticence about at least trying the "fix" here. When I first read the post on this forum about removing the tab and seeing how simple it was, I immediately tried it and have not had a misfire or jam since no matter what I feed the gun. The stupid tab puts a drag on the casing during ejection...doesn't this make sense?
I just don't get it!

zenbiker... if and when you do understand send me an email. One thing I learned on these web forums... any web forum... you will get opposition to just about anything.

Too many people have had a success with taking the LCI tab out for it not to be a major cause of FTEs. I could understand the opposition if the LCI was a major part of the gun performing a very useful function. But for all intents and purposes the LCI is a worthless gadget that most of us would prefer it was never added... I know Ruger had too... but we don't have too.

zenbiker

Bearcat
raw.....Personally, I feel like I have a new gun. I can tell you, being in a very technical field as a profession that change of any kind is resisted.....ALWAYS!! Jam away, I say for those who have their minds made up before trying a change.

zenbiker

Bearcat
Oh...Lad..dee..dah. This is THE FIX! I just wish I had a vested interest in this fix. Those of you who don't do it...Suffer!

Latest posts