Bisley Blackhawk prices

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GasMan

Bearcat
Do Bisley Blackhawks command a premium on the used market? I have been looking around for one, and all the ones I see are priced quite a bit higher than the regular Blackhawks and Vaqueros I have bought recently.

ALL Ruger single action revolvers have gone way up in price! Pandemic? Demand? or just plain old greed? Gone are the days when a guy could buy a used Blackhawk for around $400. I had been shopping for a Bisley on GunBroker (GB) and was surprised to see the prices people are asking for Ruger single actions, not just Bisleys! Stainless 5.5" Bisleys average about $750. Blued 7.5" Bisleys about $600-650. There is one seller on GunBroker selling a blued Blackhawk 5.5" in .45 that someone converted to a Bisley grip frame - he is asking $895!!! Good luck!! Ha ha! Never thought I'd see the day where Ruger single actions are approaching $1000, but here we are! Guns America (GA) and Guns International (GI) are just as bad! The Cabelas prices for used guns on GI are insane! Try Armslist. You may find one locally, or there are also vendors on there that will ship.

GasMan

Bearcat
Yes, well I lucked into a very nice blue Blackhawk just last week, but otherwise I am seeing the same things you are and worse. I bought the Blackhawk because it said Used, moderate wear, I was planning to just throw on a stainless Bisley grip frame and not worry about it, but the gun came in and it is in nearly NIB condition, really nice, so I can't make myself do it. Looking for a Bisley Blackhawk but not liking what I am seeing.

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
Gun prices have skyrocketed on just about everything.

Last November I bought my first SA, a Flattop 44 SPL Talo stainless model for about $450 + shipping and transfer fees.

Exact same gun just sold on Gunbroker for $730!

The standard grip frame is much more prevalent than the Bisley grip or Birdshead. As there are less, the supply is low for the demand driving up prices. Many of the one off Bisleys were made in limited quantities, so they may seldom be seen for sale.

Latest posts