New Ruger .22 Revolver Introduced

Help Support Ruger Forum:

But dang they do ship in a hurry. Placed an order at 330 pm yesterday, shipping number received at 422 pm.

louiethelump said:
I stopped buying guns from grab a gun, since they started collecting sales tax from nearly all states. I guess a new Texas law allows or requires them to do it. A 500 dollar gun adds Florida's 7% sales tax, of $35 to the purchase. It is no longer a bargain. Buds in KY and Smokey Mountain in TN do not do this.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
This place has Wrangler 2008 Olive Drab $170 + shipping

https://lockedloaded.com/product/ruger-wrangler-22lr-4.62-6rd-odblk

57springer

Buckeye
Rocdoc said:

Thank you , Ordered and shipping to LGS . I have been trying to buy an od green wrangler for 3 weeks at least !!!! :)

libbylibbylibby

Bearcat
Got a Black one just a couple weeks ago. Out to the range yesterday, and I do like it. Few first impressions:
#1 smoothest barrel I ever saw. 100 rds through it, and the barrel is barely dirty. Very little on the patch.
#2 Black on black sights on a darker target is a challenge (for old eyes). Need to see what I can do to enhance sight picture.
#3 Be careful when loading/unloading to not accidentally press the cylinder release button
#4 very accurate, no adjustment will be required.
#5 https://acecase.com/images/D/belt_and_clip_holsters-j2.jpg This holster fits it great. Ace Case, St. Clair, MO

libbylibbylibby said:
#3 Be careful when loading/unloading to not accidentally press the cylinder release button
#4 very accurate, no adjustment will be required.
#5 https://acecase.com/images/D/belt_and_clip_holsters-j2.jpg This holster fits it great. Ace Case, St. Clair, MO

I cannot find a cylinder release button on my Wrangler, please enlighten me.

The gun in the picture does not look my Wrangler!

57springer

Buckeye
Rocdoc said:

A follow up thank you . Picked my OD green up just this AM . I was really not sure if it really would ship. ordered on 3/11/20 a
few days shy of a month ago . All gun shops were ordered closed here last week , then a reversal as they were considered "essential " after waivers were filed . Just happy to have it !

57springer

Buckeye
FergusonTO35 said:
Just got me a black Wrangler, look forward to trying it out!
Good deal, try it out and give us feedback ! I really like the two I got .That od green is really nice . Oh , and the newest wrangler has a much easier to open loading gate compared to the first . Has anyone else noticed this on the later production guns ? :?:

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Over the course of 200 rounds of mixed ammo this weekend, my Wrangler is grouping as well as any other .22 handgun I have ever tried. The POI at 10 yards is about 2" low so I figger I'll just file a bit off the front sight until it gets to my liking. The Wrangler looks and feels like a lower price edition Single Six with the same performance of the original- which is really what it is. Very happy with this gun!

Rocdoc

Buckeye
I'm not filing a front fixed sight, no permanent alteration for me. Got some sight paint mail order, experimenting with first priming white then adding dots of red or green paint. Reminds me of the pins on a bow sight. Will see how it works out. Some may object to the appearance, but temporary and easy to remove

FergusonTO35

Hunter
I do paint my sights with white nail polish. The front sight is not integral to the barrel, just a pressed in blade with its own parts listing. Most reviews I have read on the Wrangler indicate that they tend to shoot low from the factory.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
The front sight on my Wrangler was almost 7/32" tall originally. I filed it down to 6/32" and kept the sloping contour as much as I could. Took it out today after work and found that 6/32" is right on the money. At 10 yards it is either dead on or slightly high depending on which ammo is being used. Now that I think about it, the bronze finish is starting to grow on me. Hmmm...

FergusonTO35

Hunter
I have now put around 250 rounds through my Wrangler and it just keeps getting better. This revolver is alot more accurate than I am capable of doing. Way to go Ruger, a bronze one is definitely in my future!

ADP3

Single-Sixer
Picked up another Wrangler 2002 this week. Loading gate is much easier to open than the early ones. I added a Belt Mountain Base Pin for a Single Six and was rewarded with a nice, tight lock up. I'm a happy camper.

Best Regards,
ADP3