Mis-Matched Stags

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ten22

Single-Sixer
I've got these mis-matched stags - the right side grip is proud of the grip frame (XR3) and the left side fits fairly well.

What do I do with them? send them to grasshorn and get the mis-matched set fitted to an XR3 frame? try to find someone else with a single panel?

Thanks Guys!

49785162427_be4d5e75a2_c.jpg

49784301308_6fa6474509_c.jpg

bogus bill

Hunter
By "proud" do you mean the grip is too big for the frame or the frame too big for the grip? It can be dressed down but cant be made larger. I would get back with the seller. Maybe he has another pair that also is mismatched. Maybe in this case two wrongs might make two rights? Sounds like he had a box full and made a double mistake.

as noted above, best to make the one "fit", as they match better in make, look ,color etc,. than all TOO many we've seen out there over the years.....send 'em to me, I'll make fit MY gun..... 8) :roll: :wink:

contender

Ruger Guru
Actually,, if you wanted to part with them,, I have a set that has an ugly "repair" on them that could easily be corrected by swapping things around.

goboom

Bearcat
If you want to be sure they are a match, maybe start by getting them DNA tested.

the more I look at them , the more we like them...they are a 'match' tell by the way they are made , the contours and the colors...only thing I see is the one panel is NOT rounded at the bottom corners.........also if you mean one is "thicker" than the other often you will find Ruger and Colt stags that there is a "palm swell" on the right hand panel, and the opposite side is flatter, this is done on purpose..........
take a picture with each grip sown from the backside ,when on the gun, so do it one at a time...........you should be able to "fit" it better by yourself,,,I would :wink: