Ruger Custom Shop Single Action ???

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I'm at the range right now. These days, I appreciate an outdoor range. In fact for some reason, I'm the only one here!

I'm shooting my gaggle or Single Six revolvers, and it makes me wonder if Ruger will come out with a Custom Shop single action? Not just some fancy looking revolver, but a custom tuned, highly accurate model? Some fancy grips, Maybe some sights which are different from the regular single actions or some long flutes on the cylinder. Don't some old Colts have long flutes? My pockets aren't that deep.... But a Custom Shop Single Action? Now that would be nice.

Or is there something like this already?

Hondo44

Hawkeye
There's nothing like that already. They haven't found the need for a CS after all these years so I have my doubts. Haven't heard any rumors either. But with S&W making hay with their CS, hard to guess.

Hondo44 said:
There's nothing like that already. They haven't found the need for a CS after all these years so I have my doubts. Haven't heard any rumors either. But with S&W making hay with their CS, hard to guess.

You do realize that Ruger has a CS now....and has for a while, they have eight different CS offerings currently.

Yes, Ruger does have a Custom Shop. But it seems to be geared towards semi-auto and the GP100 in 9mm. I bought that one in 9mm and it's awesome. But I would love to have a custom shop offering of a single action.

Something similar to a custom built revolver. Nice grips, nice sights, a great trigger, free spin prawl, deep flutes, chamfered cylinder etc... throw in some nitrile blues pins over a case hardened frame. I guess I can dream....

Mus408

Hunter
Would like to see a .357 Vaquero that has the good CCH treatment to match my Henry .357 rifle in CCH!
Ffklmyj.jpg

48flyer

Single-Sixer
Mus408 said:
Would like to see a .357 Vaquero that has the good CCH treatment to match my Henry .357 rifle in CCH!

Call Bobby Tyler at Tyler Gunworks in Friona Tx. After all, he is the one who did that henry!

Ffklmyj.jpg

smith1961

Blackhawk
As previously discussed, the Ruger "custom shop" might be better named the "distributor limited edition division shop"
They are NOT going to do anything close to individual "Custom" orders at this time. :shock:

smith1961 said:
As previously discussed, the Ruger "custom shop" might be better named the "distributor limited edition division shop"
They are NOT going to do anything close to individual "Custom" orders at this time. :shock:

Yes, I agree. I'm not wanting a single, one off custom gun. I just want them to put some special attention into a single action like they have with the other Ruger Custom Shop offerings.

Sounds like you may want a custom gun, I believe they are not in that business and I also believe they are missing an opportunity. A custom shop would shop would be a money maker IMO. Charge what you need to, no problem. ps

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
48flyer said:
Mus408 said:

Call Bobby Tyler at Tyler Gunworks in Friona Tx. After all, he is the one who did that henry!

Ffklmyj.jpg

Ruger DOES have a .357 Vaquero Talo with CCH, it is on the website. I own one.

Mus408

Hunter
Now that is a nice looking CCH Vaquero and thanks for that info. Looks like a 500 build that was started back in May 2019.
Just a supplier with 10 in stock...$ 829.00

veeman

Single-Sixer
If Ruger came out with a CS 3 Screw CCH 5.5" .45 Colt Vaquero, I might be interested. Might even buy 2. :)

Yep, a .45 Colt run of 500 would have been gone before they left the factory, even a 44 special would have been a better choice in caliber in my book for this type of custom revolver. But they sure are purdy! as is that rifle!