Anyone have a 57 yet?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TRanger

Blackhawk
Anyone get hold of a Ruger 57 yet? I haven't seen any firsthand posts. One reportedly arrived at a local shop here and sold almost instantly.

flyinfred

Blackhawk
Nope............looked all over the web yesterday and nothing to be found. Guess Ruger is doing their get people excited about a new product and then not shipping them for months. Heck, even my wife wants to see one.....

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
flyinfred said:
Nope............looked all over the web yesterday and nothing to be found. Guess Ruger is doing their get people excited about a new product and then not shipping them for months. Heck, even my wife wants to see one.....

https://www.gunbroker.com/Semi-Auto-Pistols/search?PageSize=96&Sort=13&View=2&Ch-manufacturerName=Ruger&Ch-Caliber=5.7X28mm

Here you go.

What is the Problem, for gosh sake you can easily get a thousand rounds for about $500.00. And every body needs a gun that can penetrate certain body armor. Gee, you would think they would be selling like hot cakes. And even more rounds than a Sig 365. I just don't get it.

recumbent

Buckeye
davevabch said:
What is the Problem, for gosh sake you can easily get a thousand rounds for about $500.00. And every body needs a gun that can penetrate certain body armor. Gee, you would think they would be selling like hot cakes. And even more rounds than a Sig 365. I just don't get it.
So how many do you own?

recumbent said:
davevabch said:
So how many do you own?

Zero, and do not want one, no need for one. A lot of nice guns I would much rather put my money out on. Lol, sorry you missed that.

Nakanokalronin

Single-Sixer
davevabch said:
recumbent said:
davevabch said:
So how many do you own?

Zero, and do not want one, no need for one. A lot of nice guns I would much rather put my money out on. Lol, sorry you missed that.

Way to contribute.
uRJnO3I.gif

Valmet

Single-Sixer
I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one. I'm hardly ever excited by anything introduced at SHOT, but Ruger has impressed me with their efforts in recent years (Mark IV, the 57, etc).

Yup, got one for $649 yesterday plus two boxes of American ammo for it. Took it out and shot it right away, sweet pistol but louder than most. Trigger pull was "good", felt to be less than 4#, sights are OK, ergonomic safety is great and take down and cleaning was a breeze. I was shooting at 4" round steel targets, out of a full clip of 20 I probably hit it 15 times at about 75' which for me, at 73, was OK (I guess). Came with 2 20 rd mags which was nice and the hard case was a step up for Ruger (lockable) and stout. All in all I was impressed and would say you'll probably be able to get them in the high 500's once they get out there, probably this summer. They are hard to get for sure, one of Davidson's Ranger reps was at the store and he hadn't even held one yet, mine was the first one he'd tried. Said they're having trouble getting them to "his" dealers, etc. Only reason I got one is the dealer whom I bought from was one of the bigger dealers and have an in with Ruger. How about a PC57?

macv70

Bearcat
Picked one up on Saturday for $650. Took it to the range immediately. Nice ergonomics for me. Accurate right out of the case.

They are hard to find. I had spoken to this same dealer about a month ago. He had one for display and was taking orders back then. Saw him again Saturday and he had one for sell.

I really like this handgun.

"How about a PC57?"
I've been on the prowl for an alternative. The only thing I've found is the CMMG "delayed rotary blowback" AR 15 conversion and it's expensive plus not a "rifle" length barrel.

moparlou

Bearcat
the 22 tcm doesn't out perform it, not if you have the right ammo, I don't mean the exotic stuff that was meant for the government, and was stopped from Import, but the original white box, made in Belgium SS192-LF. it is getting hard to find and expensive though,,, Yes the current ammo is downloaded. but the original 192 will cause a crater in steel plate, while the Fed American Eagle, and the stuff with a ballistic tip, will only make a black mark on a painted steel plate, Sorry, has been so long since I fired any,,, May be the SS 195-LF I am referring to, it has a 28g alum core hollowpoint, and IIRC is apprx 2100 fps from the five seven pistol, it will crater a Bianchi cup style falling plate of mild steel . The newer 195 is like 1970 fps. Not sure what the Fed American Eagle fmj is. I agree with another post it is LOUD!!!!!!

06dilly

Single-Sixer
Keep trying, diligence pays off. I about went stir crazy hiding from the Covid monster and took a risk yesterday. First stop was Chik-fil-A (drive thru, of course). This put me in the local Cub foods parking lot where the wife and I sat for 20 minutes, eating and watching for the tell-tale sign of toilet paper being sold. Alas, none...

Still couldn't make ourselves go back into quarantine voluntarily so I (easily) convinced her to go visit the newly redone Gander which now has an indoor RV setup. Really cool, but I digress. Next stop the gun counter!

It's like when Hilly was trying to get elected and you almost felt stupid asking if they had any 22 ammo. I found a corner with an idle clerk and nonchalantly asked if they ever get in any Ruger 57's. I was waiting for the whole store to erupt in laughter.

Nope, the clouds parted and with the voice of an angel, he said "Sure! Got a brand new one right here!" That was the proudest purchase I've had in a while. The best part... sit down first... $585+tax, no shipping cost, no CC fees and no kidding!

Now, my kids won't forgive us for venturing into the scary world at a time like this, but I think I spotted the lowest price Ruger57 of 2020. They may not come over for months but that'll give me enough time to record and post an Unboxing video on YouTube. I may even show my receipt just to slow down the lunacy on GB. There is one on there right now with bids over $1000, again not kidding.

Happy hunting and don't give up.

TomD

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Good for you,,and a fair price to boot!!
That's about what they are supposed to be selling for right now, maybe a little less.

Just like the SR1911's back in the day selling for $850.00 to 1K+. I'm as strong a Ruger aficionado as any one on here, but they piss me off when they release all the hype & fanfare and then trickle the gun out slower than molasses (or is it the distributors & gun shops?). Oh well like they really care what I or anyone else think!

Rant over, :wink: :wink: :D . Enjoy your pistol you earned her.
Terry

fredrx

Single-Sixer
I'm seeing serial numbers above 11,000 on Ruger-57 listings in gunbroker. The shops in my area have yet to see one. Where are they all going?