ruger security compact vs Taurus G2c

Help Support Ruger Forum:

boomer92266

Single-Sixer
Azrael said:
" Please note: we are discussing the Taurus G2c, not the Taurus G2. The G2c trigger is not smooth, consistent or deliberate. I would suggest you try one sometime.

I have a G2c from 2018 that is smooth and no catch, I now have just south of 3000 rounds thru it without a single failure. Because of the rebate I bought another on black Friday and it too does not have the catch and is smooth, I do not consider the trigger pull long as it does have take up that is long but it takes no pressure for the take up, the pull itself is crisp on both of mine. I have heard of the trigger catch on some and have heard from the same people that after several hundred rounds that the trigger smooths out, I don't know this as both mine are smooth. My trigger is consistant with break and reset with a average 3.9 lbs of pull, I am sure there are lemons out there as they are with all companies but so far I haven't got one and from what I see on you tube and in person the G2c is a winner. I own several Rugers handguns too and the triggers from Taurus are different, so if a person is used to and likes one type then another may not suit him or her.

Mike J

Hunter
For whatever it is worth I don't mind a double action trigger. I had a Kel-Tec P-11 that I carried for a few years. I liked it's size & capacity. It was a really long, catchy double action trigger. It felt like dragging 8 pounds down a gravel road. The little gun was accurate & shot well once I got used to the trigger. I haven't shot one of the newer G2C's. I had a PT 111 G2 & I didn't like the trigger. It wasn't the length of the trigger pull or the weight of it. I believe it was that it was inconsistent & broke way, way back. The little Taurus I had did work & was a really nice size but there are nicer pistols for not much more money.

recumbent

Buckeye
I bought my G2C late last summer at Rural King on sale for $189 and a $25 rebate from Taurus. So I have $164 in it. I don't know of any other pistols with the same features with 2 mags for $164

The G2C trigger is "different" and sounds similar to a kid's toy gun when dry fired. I didn't expect a target gun and didn't put much effort into smooth trigger squeeze. I just kept the sights mostly in the right orientation and hauled back on the trigger. Results were not that bad. 10" x 10" swinger clanged with every shot at 50'---good enough.

Side comment.... I just bought a brand new never fired Sig p239 from a fellow member here and he gave me too good a deal on the Taurus.. P 24 something .... I shot it and it functions perfectly... but while doing this I felt I aught to add some lube to it... so I looked in the owner's manual of how to break the pistol down.... what the heck? I tried and tried to do it per the manual and finally did get the slide to come off once... but then could not get it to come off again... so I finally went on youtube and found out how.... there is a secret reverse double upside down grip you use to hold the pistol then you have to push the two iddy biddy release tabs down on both sides of the frame with two fingers (the manual does not explain that there are two tabs) then as you release the slide you pull the trigger (manual says nothing about pulling the trigger to get the slide to release) while I was on line looking for a youtube video I found Taurus's manual for that pistol and they still have not fixed these mistakes.....

I'm behind the curve on both Ruger's new striker fired pistols as well as others... but I will say if they are anything like this then I'll leave them alone... give me an old outdated 'P' series in Ruger or Sig any day.

I ran 4 magazines through the G2C today getting the POI to match POA and just breaking in. That's about all I felt like for sure. Little bugger has a snappy recoil. What I found was that after learning the right trigger technique, accurate let-off wasn't all that difficult. Even with less than perfect vision, I was able to maintain 2" groups @ 30' while adjusting the sights. The final 6 shots were alternating 4" swingers (2' lateral separation) at 15 yards at a cadence that kept both swingers in motion. I "pushed" one shot low(my fault) while the remaining 5 were hits. Being able to "stage" the trigger and let the shot off w/o a lot of twiddling CAN be done.

Mobuck said:
I ran 4 magazines through the G2C today getting the POI to match POA and just breaking in. That's about all I felt like for sure. Little bugger has a snappy recoil. What I found was that after learning the right trigger technique, accurate let-off wasn't all that difficult. Even with less than perfect vision, I was able to maintain 2" groups @ 30' while adjusting the sights. The final 6 shots were alternating 4" swingers (2' lateral separation) at 15 yards at a cadence that kept both swingers in motion. I "pushed" one shot low(my fault) while the remaining 5 were hits. Being able to "stage" the trigger and let the shot off w/o a lot of twiddling CAN be done.

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Back in the day and frequently still do carry a revolver and shoot it double action. The small ones (J frame) had horrible triggers. When your life depended on it, it just worked. I can't believe the whiners can't handle the trigger on the G2c. Learn to use a gun. You can get used to anything. Years ago I remember the Semi-autos that were double action first shot, and single action after that. The weenies out there that didn't want to learn to use the gun called the first shot a "throw away." That was a complete lie. You didn't want to be standing in front of me on the first shot. I can tell you that for a fact.

A little advice. Pick a gun, learn to use it. Don't blame the gun because you don't take the time to learn it. That's on you.