Magguts for EC9S/LC9s

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Cholo

Staff member
I used one in my original LCP and it worked flawlessly! An 8 shot LCP--what's not to like? It wasn't the same design they use now.

Most are pretty pleased with the LC9 MagGuts. I'd give it a shot.

www.magguts.com

NikA

Buckeye
"What's not to like?": the price, for a start.

Looking at those products, they look like a good way of separating fools from their money. They more than double the cost of each magazine for the firearm, and have the added benefit of increasing complexity and failure points.

I'd spend my money on extra magazines and ammo for training. You could double your ammo load for much cheaper than putting MagGuts in all your magazines.

If you are depending on one or two rounds making the difference in a gunfight, you've brought the wrong gun.

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
Ditto

I'm not a fan of these higher capacity mag conversions. If Ruger or any other company could have designed the magazines to accept more rounds and work reliably they would have. Adding these extra doo dads for an extra round or two is just asking for mechanical failures in my opinion. Why invite Mr. Murphy?

NikA said:
"What's not to like?": the price, for a start.

Looking at those products, they look like a good way of separating fools from their money. They more than double the cost of each magazine for the firearm, and have the added benefit of increasing complexity and failure points.

I'd spend my money on extra magazines and ammo for training. You could double your ammo load for much cheaper than putting MagGuts in all your magazines.

If you are depending on one or two rounds making the difference in a gunfight, you've brought the wrong gun.

They work just fine. No problems. They also have a metal follower which is nice. A number of people telling you what is good or bad that have no idea what they are talking about since they have never owned on or know any thing about them. Typical internet. Also, you can go to Gallaway Precision and get a Plus One Mag extension which will give you a better grip as well.

5of7

Hunter
for 22.50, why not? All it is is a conversion to get an extra round in the magazine. If, for any reason it doesn't work for you, you can go back to the original parts.

texarkana

Bearcat
I am on this forum a lot because it is interesting and informative. But sometimes I am entertained by the
posts. Which leads me to this quote by a famous preacher here in Houston.
"If you can not be positive at least be quiet." Thanks to all the positive posters!

Cholo

Staff member
↑ Unfortunately it seems to be human nature 2020. "I had a great time at the Tom Petty concert!" I've always hated his music. One more druggie gone--good riddance! "I'm watching a fantastic show on TV. I think you'll like it!" The moral superiors will surely chime in: I've not watched TV since '52 and have never been better off. Nothing worth watching, anyway :x

I don't see it changing anytime soon. Pitiful if you think about it...