Anyone else jumping on the SR series sale?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Armybrat

Buckeye
At Sportsman's Warehouse. Hard to beat $249.99 for a new SR9..... or the .45, or the compacts.
Ordered mine on December 14th and just picked it up today. Not bad in spite of the Christmas rush.

ncvikingfan

Single-Sixer
I just purchased one as a close out. Last one they had @ $224.00 out the door. Could not pass it up at that price. Got Ruger to inspect (just in case). They replaced 2 parts that the technician said had been updated over time. Good to go.

Donnieweps

Single-Sixer
I'd jump all over that if I didn't have 2 flawlessly performing SR9cs.

Better price than I've ever seen on a gun I like. Don

gc70

Bearcat
I bought an SR9C last week, but not from Sportsman's Warehouse.

I initially asked SW to add a local FFL for delivery, but was told they already listed dealers close enough to where I lived. I was unimpressed by the idea of driving to a dealer in a different city to pay an above-average transfer fee AND another $12 "for storing the Federal paperwork." As it turned out, the price of an SR9C from my LGS was literally within a couple of dollars of what the all-in cost would have been from Sportsman's Warehouse.

Mike J

Hunter
gc70 said:
I bought an SR9C last week, but not from Sportsman's Warehouse.

I initially asked SW to add a local FFL for delivery, but was told they already listed dealers close enough to where I lived. I was unimpressed by the idea of driving to a dealer in a different city to pay an above-average transfer fee AND another $12 "for storing the Federal paperwork." As it turned out, the price of an SR9C from my LGS was literally within a couple of dollars of what the all-in cost would have been from Sportsman's Warehouse.

Did you buy local or online? I was tempted by the Sportsmans Warehouse deal. I went to check out to see what my total cost would be & the list of FFL's seemed odd. I closed it out thinking I would contact them & see about getting the FFL I usually use added (they only charge $10 for a transfer if you have a Georgia Weapons License). I never did follow up. The only 9mm I currently have is a itty bitty CM9. I had been thinking about getting one just because of how much cheaper 9mm fmj is than .40.

gc70

Bearcat
Mike J said:
Did you buy local or online? I was tempted by the Sportsmans Warehouse deal. I went to check out to see what my total cost would be & the list of FFL's seemed odd. I closed it out thinking I would contact them & see about getting the FFL I usually use added (they only charge $10 for a transfer if you have a Georgia Weapons License). I never did follow up. The only 9mm I currently have is a itty bitty CM9. I had been thinking about getting one just because of how much cheaper 9mm fmj is than .40.
I certainly did not buy from Sportsman's Warehouse after the misleading add-a-FFL offer followed by the use-who-we-say response.

My LGS is a member of GearFire, which is an internet service for gun dealers (somewhat like Davidson's Gallery of Guns). Using the GearFire website, I searched for SR9C and got a list of 20 relatively nearby dealers.

I did notice that Sportsman's Warehouse no longer has the SR9C on sale for $249.99, although the SR9 still is, as well as the blued version of the SR45.

Mike J

Hunter
I found one for very close to the same money as Sportsmans was advertising by using the search engine at gun.deals. Now I've got to decide if I want to go through with it or not. It is the black/blued version but still a bargain at that price.

Mike J

Hunter
Not buying right now for my own reasons. SR9c at the link for 256.79

https://www.kygunco.com/Product/View?ItemNo=96276&utm_source=gun.deals&utm_medium=Product%20Feed

blue2golf

Bearcat
I purchased my SR9 6 years ago for the outstanding price of $378 out the door via online. Bought my LC9s 3 years ago for the sale price of $299 via online.

Given today's prices, Ruger has taught me the hard lesson to wait a few years before buying any kind of new design handgun from them.

blue2golf

Bearcat
gc70 said:
I think the lesson may be that prices are often lower on discontinued models than on new- or continuing-production models.

Good point. Either way, I'll wait for a while and see what the prices do before buying. (Waiting to see what colors/options/prices are in store for the Wrangler. I want to get one at some point.)

robmkivseries70

Bearcat
My shops suppliers were sold out, :cry: I went with the Security 9. Had the SR9 before and decided I wanted one to go with the Ruger 9mm PCC. Oh well. :roll:

RioGrande481

Bearcat
After seeing this thread I went and ordered a SR45, blued version. It is being shipped to my local store and is supposed to be there on the 15th.