New TALO Bird’s Head Blackhawk in 45ACP/45C

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Quiet 1

Single-Sixer
I have owned and put thousands of rounds through many, many Ruger single action revolvers. They Included most every caliber and barrel length, and every grip shape. I began thinning the herd a few years ago to fund my WWII and WWI military issued handgun collection and to purchase some Smith & Wesson and Ruger double action revolvers.

However, my New Vaquero .45acp TALO single action, birds head in high polish stainless I will never part with. The grip (custom made) fits and fills my hand perfectly, at 30 feet, offhand, it's amazingly accurate, and an absolute joy to shoot.

file_zps164bf2bc.jpg
file_zpsbae4c80e.jpg

Don Lovel

Hunter
I was wondering how far it would fly out of your hand after touching off a +P 265gr CorBon, those are painful in my 7 1/2" Bisley, I cannot imagine how nasty they would be in that gun.
I wish Ruger would make a Bisley grip 45 Colt/45ACP just like it

louiethelump

Buckeye
There is the stainless one but only has 3 3/4" barrel. I love mine but am not into pain so I don't shoot those elephant killers in it. It is pleasant with the hottest of 45acp that I will ever use.

csnider

Single-Sixer
Just got my Carryhawk and may have finally found a single action I am going to like. As soon as I have had an opportunity to put a few rounds of both 45 Colt and 45acp through it will post my impressions of both cartridges.

Purchased mine from Bud's for $695+ $7.00 to cover insurance. I set up an E-account with them where they just debit from checking account. Simple to do, secure and no charges for this service.

Csnider

dougader

Hunter
csnider said:
Just got my Carryhawk and may have finally found a single action I am going to like. As soon as I have had an opportunity to put a few rounds of both 45 Colt and 45acp through it will post my impressions of both cartridges.

Purchased mine from Bud's for $695+ $7.00 to cover insurance. I set up an E-account with them where they just debit from checking account. Simple to do, secure and no charges for this service.

Csnider

Does your gun have the promised 4" barrel, or is it actually 4-5/8" as a couple others have posted on the Single Actions website?

I'll stick with my Alan Harton Montado in 45 Colt with 3-3/4" barrel. It covers everything I want it to cover.

i-wcFN8Kf-L.jpg

dsmithla

Bearcat
I like the front sight on that Harton Montado. Wonder if it would fit on my a Flat Top?

dougader

Hunter
dsmithla said:
I like the front sight on that Harton Montado. Wonder if it would fit on my a Flat Top?
Alan made that from scratch for me, including the base and the blade. As long as the height is right, it should fit fine. Alan only works on Colt's now, though.

You can check with a couple guys on Single Actions about pin-in front sight blades for the blackhawks, flat tops, etc.

http://singleactions.proboards.com/thread/26789/ruger-front-pin-sight-blades

dsmithla

Bearcat
Thank you

dougader said:
dsmithla said:
Alan made that from scratch for me, including the base and the blade. As long as the height is right, it should fit fine. Alan only works on Colt's now, though.

You can check with a couple guys on Single Actions about pin-in front sight blades for the blackhawks, flat tops, etc.

http://singleactions.proboards.com/thread/26789/ruger-front-pin-sight-blades

csnider

Single-Sixer
Put 6 rounds each of some Underwood 45Colt Hard Cast and 45ACP range ammo through the Carryhawk, and I was disappointed that I have still not found a Blackhawk framed revolver I like. Birdshead worked fine and was comfortable to shoot. No issues with recoil with the +P Underwood ammo at all.

Think I'm going to give the Single Sevens a look and put the Carryhawk up for sale.

BloodyThumb

Bearcat
For those who have reported about the 4 5/8 barrel. What was your box marked? My gun is 4 5/8, and the box is also marked 4 5/8.