Broke Down and Joined the 'Legion'

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I know... it's a Sig....

Could not help myself.... and my excuse is when I first started out with handguns I was into 357 magnums... and this the reason for my forum name as well as my primary email address... But then I switched to 9mm... now I have in a way come back.... 357 Sig...

P226 Legion in 357 Sig:

Mike J

Hunter
I have never shot that round but if you care to watch them Paul Harrell has some videos where he compares the common service calibers. 9mm vs. 40, .40 vs. .45, .40 vs. 357 Sig. He seems to have a high opinion of .357 Sig. Good round in a very nice pistol.

I was on the edge of going with the 357 Sig caliber with a new gun and on my first brief research was discouraged because it seems 'they' were trying to match the function of the 125gr 357 magnum... which I absolutely hate shooting. I don't mind 158gr but the 125gr just has way too much 'snap' for me. But I asked some internet experts and they explained that with the 357 Sig in a semi-auto the recoil takes up a lot of that snap....we'll see. This P226 is a full size gun and so should not be a problem with recoil and such...

If I had been going to Front Sight next month (for the 5th time) I was planning to get and take a Sig P226 Legion in single action only but the little episode I had back in April that caused me to not work much during the Summer caused me to cancel that trip. This '357 bug' has been buzzing in my ear for a year or so now.... I'll still shoot pretty much 9mm for the ease and cost but this new caliber will be fun to mess with, if I can find a place to put it in my ammo locker.

welder

Buckeye
I have the Glock 32, the round is not nearly as harsh as I was led to believe and is more enjoyable to shoot for me than .40.

That's what I've heard... I'm looking forward to shooting it and it may be sooner or possibly later.... due to what I did to myself yesterday, my post in the lounge:

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=283015

I'm probably in more trouble... as I think I mentioned... I carry a P239 in 9mm... really like the feel and look as well as how one shoots. well I went on Gunbroker and was trying to find one in 357 sig... but somehow I ended up bidding on a p239 in 40 caliber..... because I had also bid on a P239 parts kit... lost the bid on the parts kit... was reasonably sure someone would out bid me on the 40 cal.... but guess what.... I 'won' it....
so, then I got and search Gunbroker for ... Sig Sauer P239 357 barrel and there is a place in Alaska (edit: Alabama, arriving on Tuesday) selling just the barrel... and so I ordered it... we'll see. the other issue is this p239 has a DAK trigger.

rangerbob

Buckeye
Blume, I've been carrying, shooting, and loading for the 357 since it's introduction in 1994. I carried a 357 Sig P226 as a duty gun for 9 years until I retired and still have 3 226's. One has a 40 barrel in it as we speak. I have reloaded thousands of rounds of ammo over the last 25 years and have developed a technique for prepping the brass that works for me. If you are interested, send me a message. I've had 357 Sig M&P and a FN, and my Glock M40 has a 6" 357 Sig barrel for it. So, yes, I like the 357 Sig, it works as advertised. Bob!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

mexicanjoe

Single-Sixer
Sacrilege , I say!!! Ruger perfected the 1911 in His favorite caliber= 45 automatic... although I will admit to having purchase a Sig P-220 in 45, though.. :roll: :roll: :roll:

I can't say anything bad about the 45acp... other than one is usually limited to the number of rounds in a magazine.. especially in a 1911 which I admit is a classic that has not lost any appeal to us gun nuts.. I have one. But that 357 sig round was developed for a certain reason and it seems to have stayed with us at least for some folks.... My next trip to the range I plan to compare it to 9mm by shooting both 9mm and 357 sig in the same model pistols.

Although none of my SIGS have the Legion treatment, my old-fashioned, all-metal SIGS are wonderful pistols.

My original 220 in .45 went down the road some years ago for no tangible reason, but I've continued to own a 239 for many years. Always a wonderful gun. I also ended up over the last year with a 226. It is absolutely perfect, both in beauty and function.

And my caliber weakness, is .40 8) .

You tagged it Wayno... I'm sold on the P226 as the ultimate 'combat' handgun (sorry Ruger)... even though it does not meet the current needs of the idibidy plastic carry crowd... I own 3. On top of that I'm sticking with the P239 as my primary carry gun... (two of those) I think that is the last of the metal frame guns Sig made for carry... it aint light and it aint small by todays standards but it sure shoots...

And just to give Rugers a plug.... I think the P95 was their best ...
(I actually don't know how many of those I have... they just keep showing up around my house)

welder

Buckeye
blume357 said:
And just to give Rugers a plug.... I think the P95 was their best ...
(I actually don't know how many of those I have... they just keep showing up around my house)

Ditto. I have several, some bought new, some used, never a failure in any of them and I keep one in my range bag that sees
firing time on every range trip. Ditto on the Sigs too, I have a friend that bought one with the DAK system and he likes it pretty well.

Latest posts