Price check on a flawless P85

Help Support Ruger Forum:

OMCHamlin

Bearcat
Guys, if I ran across an opportunity to pick up a completely flawless P89, in box, with one mag, is $250 a deal, or a killer deal? Gun truly looks like it was made this morning.

(Note: I first wrote this as P85, I was mistaken)

Three50seven

Buckeye
I'd say that would fall into the good deal category. Killer deal would have to be under 2 bills, IMO. They're great pistols, but they are outdated. I would have a hard time passing on it for $250 though.

black1970

Blackhawk
Got one last Saturday at a gun show for 250 OTD. came with 2 mags and no box. I have a box. Shot it today after cleaning and lubing. They may be outdated but they shoot damn good. And they will still make a bad sore on somebody not to mention messing their whole day up.

walnut777

Bearcat
Id buy it all day. I still have my stainless p89dc from 16 or 17 years ago. My favorite semi auto of all time. At 250 I would buy 4 of them.

OMCHamlin

Bearcat
Well, so like I said a while back, I got this thing, this... this... sow's ear, as many have called it, and shot it once or twice, tweaked the fixed sights a bit to center it, then left it languishing in the cheapest gun rug I had, and there it sat.
I sort of ran into a few ideas and good deals on pieces/parts to improve the feel/looks of it. I don't really know if I did either, but I added a set of new/old stock Uncle Mikes rubber grips for it, (side panels only), and as I ran into deals on factory P89 mags (oh yeah it's possible, but you must be patient!), I snagged them, for a total of three now, and the ugly gun has it's original box, so I found a Ruger mag loader tool and threw it in there. Now I just finished installing a set of LPA fiber optic adjustable sights on it.
There. I'm DONE. (I think?)

MkIFhEU.jpg

welder

Buckeye
Nice indeed. Good price for a good gun. I found one a couple years ago, stainless, for 279 that was like new and complete with all factory goodies and later, a de-cock version, gun and one mag for 219 otd, I bought them both.

OMCHamlin

Bearcat
welder said:
Nice indeed. Good price for a good gun. I found one a couple years ago, stainless, for 279 that was like new and complete with all factory goodies and later, a de-cock version, gun and one mag for 219 otd, I bought them both.

You know, either way, it was cool to find an "old school wunder-9" in such nice shape, and allowed me the chance to do a thing or two to it, heck, maybe other additions/improvements if I stumble into something worthwhile and priced right. Hogue actually makes some sharp looking exotic wood grips, maybe even with a palm swell.

welder

Buckeye
They clean up easily and nicely. Still some real bargains out there and they will easily last a few lifetimes. I honed some of my humble
gunsmithing skills on the P series and used a couple for experimentation, always able to keep a fully reliable and functioning and nice looking
gun. I'll always keep a few around.