New Colors for the Popular EC9s Line

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Introducing New Colors to the Popular EC9s® Line

We are proud to introduce four new configurations of the popular EC9s® pistol in a variety of eye-catching colors. These new offerings include the following color options: turquoise grip frame with aluminum Cerakote® slide finish; gray grip frame with black oxide slide finish; purple grip frame with aluminum Cerakote® slide finish, and flat dark earth grip frame with black oxide slide finish.

ncvikingfan

Single-Sixer
I am just too "set in my ways" I suppose. If it is not blued or stainless, I am probably not interested. No offense to anyone else. Just me being me.

Muley Gil

Blackhawk
Bear Paw Jack said:
I guess I'm to old and set in my ways, to go for colors on those guns, but if the wife wanted one of those colors, I'd buy it for her. No accounting for what women like. :mrgreen:

She married YOU, didn't she? :D

Clovishound

Blackhawk
I would go for the black oxide finish over the Ceracote regardless of color. I know from personal experience that the oxide finish is very durable. I have no experience with Ceracote. It may be as durable as the oxide, but I can't help but think that at the end of the day it is paint.

I gravitate to stainless and blue finishes, but I also believe the polymer frame guns have their place. I own one, and it is very good for it's purpose.

I'm also not even remotely interested in pastel guns. But if somebody else is, that's okay too.

I suspect this is generational. One of the FFL's I frequent does cerakote work. Really nice work. And hanging on his display wall are AR's and AR components, of every color of the rainbow. So there is obviously a market other than to geezers. :mrgreen:

WAYNO said:
I'm also not even remotely interested in pastel guns. But if somebody else is, that's okay too.

I suspect this is generational. One of the FFL's I frequent does cerakote work. Really nice work. And hanging on his display wall are AR's and AR components, of every color of the rainbow. So there is obviously a market other than to geezers. :mrgreen:

Wayno, my question is have you considered Turquoise? :mrgreen:

Bear Paw Jack said:
WAYNO said:

Wayno, my question is have you considered Turquoise? :mrgreen:

I have, but where would I go, where turquoise camouflage would be invisible? Arizona? New Mexico?

WebleyMan

Single-Sixer
Hmmm. Wife has been thinking about getting her carry permit (which you need here just to go to the range, or buy a handgun). She might like the purple one.

Though the only pistol she's really enjoyed shooting was the Sig P210. So an EC9, while practical, might be a bit of a let-down.