Grovtec chest harness

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
Anybody using one? Im giving it some thought for a 4" redhawk thst has a vortex venom red dot. The holster looks like it may be just a little "roomy" to where it would work with the red dot installed...

http://shopruger.com/Super-Redhawk-Alaskan-Redhawk-Grovtec-Harness-Holster-RH/productinfo/50062/

I have one and really like it. Now I use it for my SRH Alaskan, but have carried a SRH 480 that was chopped to 4.75 inches in it.

I think your Redhawk wold fit. Too bad you aren't closer you could try mine out.

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
Thanks everyone. The kenai looks decent but being molded , you'd have to custom order one or butcher up a regular model. I have a Diamond D leather chest rig now. I like it but dont really want to cut up the holster to allow room for the red dot either. For the price , I think I'll give the Grovtec a try.

98Redline

Blackhawk
It seems like it would be an awfully tight fit to fit a MRDS equipped Redhawk in that holster.

Another option would be a Simply Rugged Sourdough on their Chesty Puller harness. I believe that Rob will build a holster with the appropriate cutout for a red dot.

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
98Redline said:
It seems like it would be an awfully tight fit to fit a MRDS equipped Redhawk in that holster.

I was judging by the looks of the extra room around the trigger guard and having a little extra room to slide it over that way? Rumrunner? Whats your opinion on that with yours?

Im not home to measure the base and sight but they are pretty low profile...

GfLknjBm.jpg

Here it is with my 4.75" Super RedHawk 480. I think there may be room to cant your Redhawk but not sure. I'm out of state working and won't be home for another week. I have a 5" 44 SRH now, and could look then to see if enuf room.

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
Thanks for those pics. It does appear to me like it will work out. Im going to order it this weekend.

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
Finally got around to putting the Vortex mini red dot on the Redhawk. Fit in the Grovtec harness is pretty snug but it fits and feels secure in it. Im unable to post pics here anymore but will send one to anyone interested...

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
Gramps,

It is a Vortex Venom with a 3 moa dot. Nice units!

The mount was purchased through the classifieds here. You remove the rear sight and the mount takes its place. It is rock solid and i have one for my GP100 also.

Jeff

Latest posts