RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:47 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Mustang!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:21 am 
Hawkeye

Well, it is new, 650 miles, but is isn't mine... The trip to the East Coast Gathering, my truck needed new tires, and I just got those last month. Then driving back from the gun range, I got a chip in the window from some big truck. The next week it was a huge crack. I thought I'd better get that fixed before driving 2000 miles.

Anyway, I got a Mustang for a loaner car while my truck is getting a new front windshield. I'm pretty excited. I've never actually even ridden in a Mustang before. I'm not sure what model it is. I know it sure ain't the bullitt or the 350 GT R, I just saw those start at $73,000.

Post subject: Re: New Mustang!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:32 am 
Blackhawk

Location: MINNESOTA - 6 months winter and 6 months rough sleddin'
You got a NEW Mustang for a loaner? Dealership must have seen a twinkle in your eye when you dropped off the truck! :wink:

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:34 am 
Hawkeye

Nice looking ride! I've taken my Mustang to all but 1 of Contender's gatherings. I won't be taking it this year.

My windshield got broken on this summer's vacation. I called my insurance agent yesterday and they're paying 100% of it and it's getting installed today. Why will it take so long for yours to be installed?

NRA Benefactor
www.GeorgiaCarry.org

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:08 am 
Blackhawk

Nice ride.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:29 am 
Buckeye

That horse on the back says it has the Ecoboost 4 cylinder with 320 hp. The others are GT with a 400 +hp V8 and if it's the 1965-66 emblem with the horse in front of red/white/blue upright bars it's the 300 hp V6.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:56 am 
Single-Sixer

I have a 2016 Mustang, and I believe that was the last year for the six cylinder engine. In my opinion, that engine, with its 300/300 hp and torque is just wonderful and sounds great as well.
I'd be curious as to how you think the turbocharged V4 sounds.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:05 am 
Hawkeye

Always wanted either a Mustang or Challenger.

I put it off too long and it'll likely never happen.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:08 am 
Hawkeye

Hey thanks, I wondered about the engine. There is some lag, and nothing close to instant acceleration at all. The last car I had with a turbo, was a VW Golf, it had some lag too, but the VW didn't weigh as much. Perhaps that's why this Mustang feels slower.

They must have really tuned the exhaust, because it sure doesn't sound like a 4 cylinder.

Cholo,
We set up our insurance with high deductibles, which lowers the payments, but we end up paying for the occasional windshield. But, a factory OEM front windshield for our F150 with rain sensor is only $450, so it's just a trade off, I guess.

BUT, car dealers in Dallas are notoriously SLOW. Earlier this summer, it took two full days to get a new battery installed. Waiting all day for an oil change is not uncommon. It still seems crazy to me though.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:13 am 
Hawkeye

I just got home, and was stopped at a light waiting to turn left, and this thing came driving up. I believe it's a Merceedes Benz UniMog. Kind of sticks out on the street.

I promise, I was not moving when I took this picture.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:55 am 
Hawkeye

I am sorry, a 4 cylinder in a Mustang is heresy! Even if it is turbo boosted! Now that V-6 sounds good, but the v-8 better 8). I don’t see one in my future though. ;(
gramps

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:08 am 
Hawkeye

Location: The Liberal held left bank of the Mississippi River
They sure can find new ways to make cars ugly.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:25 pm 
Hunter

My wife just got a 2019 Mustang GT convertible. V8 with 460 HP plus cool air induction. It really will get your attention. I have always been a Chevy guy but Ford has done it right with this Pony. She passed on her 2012 Camaro RS to our son. In our opinion the Mustang wins out between the two.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:24 pm 
Hawkeye

Ugly? Oh, not in my opinion. I’ve been lusting after a newer Mustang for a while now. I’m really impressed with them. Great visibility, easy to maneuver and park. Not difficult to get in or out from the doors. And this was the base model, but even still, the interior is pretty sharp.

Ford has come a long way recently. They’ve really stepped up the game and are very competitive with say Lexus, or European imports like Audi. Ford holds their resale value a lot more than these.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:12 pm 
Hunter

gramps wrote:
I am sorry, a 4 cylinder in a Mustang is heresy! Even if it is turbo boosted! Now that V-6 sounds good, but the v-8 better 8). I don’t see one in my future though. ;(
gramps

My Ford 4x4 pick up truck has the 3.5 Ecoboost and it is one quick piece of machinery. I wouldn't mind that engine in a Mustang but a 4 banger? No way Jose'. Uh unh. Nada. Nein, non and any other language I can think of that says no. Oops! I left out nyet. My bad.
Paul B.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:54 pm 
Buckeye

Skidboot wrote:
I have a 2016 Mustang, and I believe that was the last year for the six cylinder engine. In my opinion, that engine, with its 300/300 hp and torque is just wonderful and sounds great as well.
I'd be curious as to how you think the turbocharged V4 sounds.

2018 was the last year of the V6. My 2006 GT V8 had 300 hp which was fine for a grocery getter. I have a 4cam 32 valve 1998 Cobra that will soon be getting supercharged for 450+hp. Should be more fun.