SPF: Rare Blue MK III .22 Hunter USA Shoot MKIII678H-TA

Help Support Ruger Forum:

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
These were a limited run of 500 pistols from 10 years ago in 2009. MK III Hunter with blue finish, a TALO distributor exclusive, model MKIII678H-TA with 6-7/8" barrel. Until I got this one, I had never seen a blue Hunter, only stainless models. According to the TALO website, Ruger made these pistols during the "great spike of 2009" (and by that, I think they mean the frenzy inspired by the greatest salesman the firearms industry has ever known, Barrack Obama) with the special red, white, and blue laminated thumb-rest oval logo target grips. TALO marketed them in support of the USA Shooting Team and donated $20 per gun to the cause. They go on to say that the big grips required a new box, so the solution was a giant briefcase of a padded case, with the Ruger logo. The labels apparently didn't stick well to the cases and this one is peeling off as shown. I don't believe the pistol has been fired since leaving the factory but cannot swear to it. Certainly looks as-new. Comes with a set of regular red medallion SR logo grips, two spare (3 total) magazines, manual, fired case in envelope dated 1/26/2010, padlock, keys for the internal lock, scope mount, and little tube of various colored fiber optic inserts for the front sight. It seems odd that they would come with two sets of grips but I googled the model and found a couple of old GunsAmerica ads that show the packaging and they included the extra set. Pardon my wood chip in some of the pics, it was needed to prop the gun up due to the grip contours.

SPF (Was $600) $550 shipped FFL to FFL

Ce2YEUS.jpg

hOJCqlt.jpg

GcRaZsy.jpg

Z2hABJX.jpg

6HHAdul.jpg

cio651g.jpg

KumJUoY.jpg

f2US6sb.jpg

qhqR0w5.jpg

QEZWED1.jpg

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Chad just shared the known serial number info for this model with me and this one is a new high number, by quite a bit. Must have been a late arrival based on the fired case date.

Chad's data:

MKIII678H-TA (Ruger model 10135) special distributor model. Features a 6-7/8" fluted "Hunter" barrel, Hi-Viz sights and red, white and blue laminate "Altamont" grip (grips installed by TALO). Known s/n range 229-61529 to 229-61859. Shipped in large black plastic case with eggshell foam interior and large red Ruger eagle logo on lid. For every gun sold, $20 went to the USA Shooting Team. Reportedly 500 produced in 2009 for Ruger's TALO group of Ruger distributors (Camfour (MA), L.M. Burney (TX), Davidson's (AZ), Hill Country (TX), Bill Hick's (MN), V.F. Grace (AK), Lipsey's (LA), W.L. Baumler (OH) and Glenn Zanders (IL).

Latest posts