Wife's anniversary present, Ruger Standard Stainless .22

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Magnum Force

Single-Sixer
Wife went to an auction the other day, by herself as I was working. She came back with a surprise for me, a Ruger "1 of 5000" Bill Ruger Commemorative Stainless Standard Pistol. She knew I had been looking for a 4.75" barrel Standard .22, we had looked at some together at pawn shops, but none were priced reasonably or were in poor shape. When this Stainless Standard came up at the auction house, she knew I'd like it. She said it was an anniversary present for me, bless her heart!

Here's what I know about these guns, maybe you know more about them than me. Made in 1981 in a run of 5000, I believe these were the only stainless Standard pistols made.

Ran about a hundred rounds through it as soon as I got over the surprise. The pistol shoots great, I was able to shoot a very serviceable group standing, two hand hold at 50 feet. A lot of fun shooting 3" steel as well.

Here's some pics:

414271006.jpg

414271005.jpg

414271008.jpg

414271007.jpg

I have a Bianchi #89 holster coming for it from Ebay, should be here within a day or two. Looking forward to carrying it on my property here in Southwest Virginia.

Now to find a comparable gift for the wife. She is fond of 1911 pistols, believe it or not....

rugerfreak

Single-Sixer
Pretty sure there were some distributor exclusives in the same configuration-------really wish I could have found one myself.

Opps---missed that it was a MkI

Gasp!!!!! You shot it? Somewhere a collector is apoplectic. Of course collectors don't understand that Bill Ruger made firearms to shoot not sit there and look pretty.

I don't have many "collectable" firearms. But I really get a kick out of folks at the range who darned near stroke out when they see me shooting them. The best is my lefty Randall 1911.

Magnum Force

Single-Sixer
Yes, I'm going to shoot the heck out of this pistol! I'll let my heirs worry about any loss of value. I'm betting my nephews will fight each other over who gets it not for it's great value but so they can shoot it next!

Tracking info shows my holster will be delivered today, more pics to follow.....

BDM1

Single-Sixer
The older i get, the less i care about a gun losing some value if i shoot it. You can't take it with you, and whoever gets it next will shoot and enjoy it anyways. YOU may as well be the one to enjoy it! Good for you, have a lot of fun with it, life is short!!!!

BDM1 said:
The older i get, the less i care about a gun losing some value if i shoot it. You can't take it with you, and whoever gets it next will shoot and enjoy it anyways. YOU may as well be the one to enjoy it! Good for you, have a lot of fun with it, life is short!!!!

In 2001, I bout a new truck. I put seat covers on it.

My Dad congratulated me on keeping the upholstery nice for the next owner. :mrgreen:

As it turns out, I'm still driving it. The "next owner" will have to wait! :p

Magnum Force

Single-Sixer
Here's the holster I got for the Stainless Standard, a Bianchi #89, I think they called this one the "Outdoorsman":

414274770.jpg

I'm getting pretty good with it, found it favors high velocity ammo for accuracy. If I can get within 20 yards, small targets are doomed!

edlmann

Blackhawk
Magnum Force said:
Here's the holster I got for the Stainless Standard, a Bianchi #89, I think they called this one the "Outdoorsman":

414274770.jpg

I'm getting pretty good with it, found it favors high velocity ammo for accuracy. If I can get within 20 yards, small targets are doomed!
It may just need a brick or two of high velocity to break in before it will reliably shoot standard velocity.

GypsmJim

Single-Sixer
rugerfreak said:
Pretty sure there were some distributor exclusives in the same configuration-------really wish I could have found one myself.

Opps---missed that it was a MkI
It's NOT. Read the post again.

Latest posts