SOLD: Sears Model 54

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Magnum Force

Single-Sixer
Rifle is sold....

Up for sale is my Sears Model 54 30/30 lever rifle, made by Winchester for Sears, a Winchester 94 "Top Eject" rifle in plain clothes. From what I can find out, the Sears Model 54 was made from 1966 to 1972. This rifle has a nickeled loading gate, steel butt plate, humbler wood than found on the real deal Winchester 94's, and a non-hooded, non- ramped front sight. These later became the Sears "Ted Williams" Model 100, but they had nicer wood and a plastic butt plate.

This rifle is in good, used shape with some finish wear and patina you'd expect from a 50 year old hunting rifle. The pics show the finish wear. I have shot it a good bit, I find it shoots better than most of my other 30/30 rifles, as the front bead is a little smaller than most, allowing for a finer hold. The sights are well regulated, easy to hit small targets out to 100 yards. I have included a pic of a five round group fired from the prone position at 100 yards. There is a sling swivel stud installed in the butt stock. Rifle is 100% reliable in operation, with good chambering, firing, extraction and ejection.

A perfect truck, boat or utility rifle. Keep it as a spare or loan it to your Brother in Law or Nephew. Careful if you loan it to young shooters, they won't want to return it...

Price is $300 plus actual USPS shipping. How that works is you say "I'll Take It", PM me your FFL's shipping address and I'll get back to you with a shipping quote based on USPS rates. Payment by USPS Money Order or personal checks held to clear. A face to face transaction is available to Virginia Residents within a reasonable drive from Marion, Va. Post and "I'll Take It!" to claim as yours, PM for shipping/payment details or if you have any questions.

Here's some pics:
Cabin front porch duty:
414284277.jpg

414284303.jpg

414284287.jpg

414284285.jpg

414284283.jpg

414266283.jpg

414284284.jpg

414284286.jpg

414284304.jpg

I would love to hang on to this rifle, but I guess you can't keep them all, at least that's what my wife keeps telling me......

veeman

Single-Sixer
That's alot of screws on the left side. What there a mount of some sort on there at one time?

Magnum Force

Single-Sixer
The barrel length is 20", the Sears Model 54 came from the factory with holes to mount a side mounted scope, or a Lyman Receiver Sight. Every Sears 54 I have seen have these holes, there are several on Gun Broker right now, all with the same holes.

The later Sears "Ted Williams" Model 100 did not have holes for a scope mount, only the holes for a Lyman Sight.

As far as dating down to the exact year, I have not found any serial number data that reveals exactly when these rifles were built, only a general range, 1966-1972.

Thanks for your interest,

Magnum Force

Magnum Force

Single-Sixer
The serial number is 42948. I don't think these rifles were serial numbered in conjuction with the Winchester 94 rifles, more in a serial number range of their own....

Latest posts