Finally Finished my 22/45 Tactical Mark IV

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
Ok guy's/gal's

Finally finished my 22/45 Tactical yesterday. Love the way this thing shoots and looks. Probably the next step for it after the first of the year is to start the Silencer paperwork and purchase.

1. Complete Volquartsen innards and Trigger
2.Tandemkross Pro Compensator (clock correctly without the rubber O-Ring)
3. Majestic Arms Magazine Base Bumper Pads
4. Maple Celtic Cross Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Grips MK 4
5. Millett SP-1 Red Dot with Leopold Rifleman Rings
6. Charger - Finger Loop - 4 Designed
7. Awesome looking 1911 grip screws

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
I do not shoot any competition with it. Just shoot steel on my personnel range. I shoot at 25 yards from 1' steel to 2" steel plates at that range. But wanted one decked out anyway. So I did deck it out. I have shot it with out the compensator. Does it make a huge noticeable difference, nope. But does make a little difference.

exavid

Hunter
I put the Tandemkross Victory trigger and compensator on my Mk iv 22/45 Lite that I use for Bullseye shooting at my club. Big difference, the flat trigger makes it easier to feel if you're pulling it anything but straight back. The compensator does help get back on target during rapid fire reduces the barrel jump a fair bit so it's not so hard to hold when there's little time to get back on black.

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
Hawkeye,
I looked at that trigger. I wanted it in red. I was about to buy one but I have smaller hands and know that the LOP on the Volquartsen trigger is very comfortable. I was afraid and do not see any measurements on the Tandemkross LOP anywhere on the inter-web so I thought that it might be to long of LOP for me. I have the Volquartsen full packages in all three of my Marks.
If someone would. It would be nice to get a LOP on the Tandemkross trigger.

exavid

Hunter
I wear large gloves and can reach the trigger so that the tip of my finger is laying flat across the trigger face. That way I can feel the pressure of the flat trigger edges and know if I'm pushing either left or right. I'd be happy to post a picture of the pistol here but don't seem to remember how.

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
Sounds like I made the right decision when I bought the Volquartsen trigger. I wear small to medium gloves. I am only 5'5" tall so I bet that my finger would not comfortably reach that trigger of Tandemkross.

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
Hawkeye you need a photo host. I use Post Image https://postimages.org/ they are a free image hosting site. Once your images are up loaded and stored on the site. You click on the image you want to post on here and then click on the share link. Copy the Hot Links for Forums and then paste it in your message here on the forum. Really pretty easy once you get use to the hosting site.

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
You know AzShooter,
I bought a Vortex Venom that I put on my Single Six Hunter. It works well no complaints about that style of Red Dot, but that being said. I can shoot better and find the Red Dot a lot faster and with the tube type Red Dots. I really like the cheaper Millett SP-1's. You have to find them used now but I can get them at a price around $40 or $50 off ebay, most of the time. With the Millett Tube type Red Dot my 2" steel plate has no chance of not being hit. Venom on my Single Six is another story. I really, really have to concentrate and be perfect.

exavid

Hunter
I have a Millet tube sight that I used to use for Adult small bore competition at my gun club. One nice thing about that type red dot was it's so easy and fast to pick up the red dot. I had to quit a couple of years ago because it got too difficult. Not to shoot but to get back up off the prone shooting pad. Old age isn't as much fun as I'd hoped.