Does Ruger sell screwdrivers?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Busterswoodshop said:
I don't know if they sell them but when I bought my P85 and my Security 6 years ago there was a screwdriver in the box with them.

Do you still have that screwdriver? If you do could you post a photo of it? I have never heard of a screwdriver being included with a Security Six (like the screwdriver and cleaning rod that were in the box of a new S&W.)

For the OP - a jewelers screwdriver of the correct size will work fine and you can find them about anywhere. Here is a screwdriver and some sets that Brownells sells:

100-010-684WB
5/64 1-1/2" Screwdriver

100-032-923WB
Precision Micro Screwdriver Set

079-000-001WB
Miniature Screwdriver Kit

749-006-064WB
Starrett Precision Screwdriver Set

Busterswoodshop

Buckeye
RoninPA said:
Busterswoodshop said:
I don't know if they sell them but when I bought my P85 and my Security 6 years ago there was a screwdriver in the box with them.

Do you still have that screwdriver? If you do could you post a photo of it? I have never heard of a screwdriver being included with a Security Six (like the screwdriver and cleaning rod that were in the box of a new S&W.)

I still have the one that came with the Security Six.
I can't post pictures here , but if you PM me an email address I will email you a picture of it.
I might be wrong about it coming with a Security Six. It might have come with a Blackhawk I bought.
I do know it did come with one or the other.
My P85 had one with it also.

It looks just like the one S&W used to put with some of their pistols.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
If it looks like any of these it's strickly a Smith and Wesson S.A.T. (sight adjustment tool):

A49EBEDB-BA7D-4121-94EE-158EA2C2E06A.jpg

Photo by RKmesa

Ruger didn't supply any screwdrivers with their guns. They may have had promotional key chain types made up to give away like this,
but I don't remember any:

s-l1600.jpg

No Ruger never did and the closest aside from the Chapman or Brownells screw driver "sets" ( have them all), you can get a set of small eye glass type screwdrivers, come in a set of about 7-8 sizes..........handy and easy to use.............
I know harbor freight carries them........see them for sale at gun shows also....

Jim, we have that round (disc) screw driver tool from Colt also in nickel and gold plated....... 8) :roll: :wink:

Maybe your dealer put something "extra" in the box, I know we used to give a complimentary patch or a decal from time to time when we had the shop, same went for pens and calenders....never know..........

mohavesam

Hawkeye
I'll echo hondo44 in that S&W never called them screwdrivers. They cataloged and included them with most revolvers as "sight adjustment tools".

Don't know why Ruger never included such a tool for premium revolvers, it would have been a nice detail.

The S&W style tools were hot a few years back, fetching anywhere from $20 to $150 in my travels. Collectors and even sane folks pounced upon unopened kits from old S&W boxes. Sadly, counterfeiters took note, and one machine shop in southern Michigan turned out thousands of copies by CNC that were all but indistinguishable from the real deal. FWIW, I have several taken from unmolested cleaning kits that have shafts (black oxide, no heat treating) which vary in length by 1/2" or more, so I do not believe they were a tightly-controlled item in Springfield. I've never seen engineering drawings/revisions turn up in 40+years of interest.
Now forgotten is the S&W logo straight Allen wrench included with both my adjustable-front sight "silhouette" revolvers...