Great day at range wiwth Mk III Hunter

Help Support Ruger Forum:

AzShooter1

Single-Sixer
7aI1SDVh.jpg

Since the Ruger Mark IV came out I've been shooting a 22/45 Lite that I really like, enough that I bought a second one for a back-up gun.

Today, just for fun I brought my Mark III Hunter to the range. I set up my normal target but shot from the bench with a Browning Shooting Bag to rest the gun.

The gun is a little heavy compared to my Lites but it shoots better than both of them, even the one with the Volquartsen LLV 6 barrel.

I didn't have my camera so I have no pictures of the target but I was cutting small holes with Blazer ammo. Blazer shoots best in almost all of my .22s. The only thing that shot better today was an old box of Wolf Match Extra but it didn't shoot tighter enough to spend the money.

What I like most was that my shooting buddy was using his Mark III Hunter and my groups were much tighter. I had thought of selling this gun but it's a keeper and will be seeing more range time.

Those guns have the potential to rival the accuracy of many rifles depending on the optic and operator.
I just don't get along well with the LITE version. I need the "out front" weight of the steel barrel to dampen my quivers.

Latest posts