New Ruger .22 Revolver Introduced

Help Support Ruger Forum:

REP1954 said:
Well I was trying to keep a open mind with this Wrangler thing and about a week ago I finally got to handle one. After about 60 seconds of the dry heaves I managed to get the salesman close enough to take it out of my hand. I here by call for the immediate resignation of all Ruger employees who had anything to do with this contraption coming to market.
Back in WWII the US made a gun called the Liberator it was to be packaged with 7 rounds of 45 ACP ammo and meant to be air dropped to under ground forces overseas. After the 7 shots were gone the gun was meant to be disposed of. In testing the gun began to fall apart after 50 rounds. Just saying!

Clearly your mind wasn't very open...have never shot one, have no idea about longevity or build quality but...

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

And those Liberators bring lots of cash these days...we should hope the same for the Wranglers...just saying!

REP1954

Blackhawk
"Clearly your mind wasn't very open...have never shot one, have no idea about longevity or build quality but..."

I do not need to shoot a gun that takes 2 thumbs to cock and a trigger held to the second joint to fire.

ADP3

Single-Sixer
EDITED

I'm 67, have arthritis in my fingers, and have an 8.5 diopter lense with bifocal in my glasses for my "good eye". I wouldn't have a Wrangler either. That's why I have THREE! They are not junk and actually shoot better than 2 newer Single Sixes that I've had. The negative comments I read remind me of the remarks made putting down Glocks when they were first imported.
Best Regards,
ADP3

The Happy Kaboomer

Single-Sixer
BELIEVE NOT..........The keyboard commandos........These things are flying off the shelves. As Soon as I can find one I'm gonna buy it and play with it..........I have LOTS of Rugers including Single Sixes. The Wrangler was never intended to be a SS. But a low cost entry for shooters......And to clean Heritage's clock......I saw heritages at a big GS today for $99.00 so they are feeling the pain. The Wrangler is a much better finished pistola.

The Happy Kaboomer

Single-Sixer
ADP3 said:
EDITED

I'm 67, have arthritis in my fingers, and have an 8.5 diopter lense with bifocal in my glasses for my "good eye". I wouldn't have a Wrangler either. That's why I have THREE! They are not junk and actually shoot better than 2 newer Single Sixes that I've had. The negative comments I read remind me of the remarks made putting down Glocks when they were first imported.
Best Regards,
ADP3

X2.......You GO guy!

BDM1

Single-Sixer
I had a stainless single six, had to sell it a couple years ago for financial reasons. Yes, i truly regretted it, but "life" happens. I'm semi-retired now, no way to afford another one. However, i might see my way to get a Wrangler to get back into the Ruger stable. Most reviews i have seen have been extremely positive. I have seen pictures of them swapped out with different color components from other Wranglers, and also with different aftermarket grips. Aftermarket grips that fit the single six will fit the Wrangler. I think those facts are really, really, big deals. I also think this is one of the neatest guns to come out in a very long time. Ruger is selling them like crazy, and i am certain they will continue to do so!

Shorty Jenkins

Blackhawk
I now have 3 and am waiting on no.4. That will make a pair of silver/black and a pair of bronze.
57springer, you too are right ~ super little gun for the $$. I may have to have a pair of black
ones later on. I own several single sixes and bearcats and I'm proud to add these to my Ruger
stable of single actions.

Just sayin'
Shorty

SBH4628

Blackhawk
Got a silver one at Rural King today,only one they had in stock. First one they could even get.
$184 plus tax.
Nice looking little 22

Daniel

Moey

Bearcat
Well I went to the local Cal- Ranch store yesterday to look at/buy a Ruger Charger that they have and ended up getting a Wrangler instead. Shot it yesterday also, I think it will be fine as long as I can see the sights. I really like the balance of it, the free wheeling, 6 shot, and the basic concept. I'm sometimes a bit over protective with some of my guns. With a Wrangler I won't be. Plus I have a Jeep Wrangler and thought it fitting. After all I do not drive a Charger

Achigan

Single-Sixer
Moey said:
Well I went to the local Cal- Ranch store yesterday to look at/buy a Ruger Charger that they have and ended up getting a Wrangler instead. Shot it yesterday also, I think it will be fine as long as I can see the sights. I really like the balance of it, the free wheeling, 6 shot, and the basic concept. I'm sometimes a bit over protective with some of my guns. With a Wrangler I won't be. Plus I have a Jeep Wrangler and thought it fitting. After all I do not drive a Charger
But... what brand of jeans are on your butt?

57springer

Buckeye
Moey said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: