SPF: T/C Encore Stainless .50 Cal Muzzle Loader w/Simmons

Help Support Ruger Forum:

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
UPDATED: PRICE NOW INCLUDES SHIPPING

I just got this and wanted to get some quick pics up so you could get it before ML season. I can take more close-up pics later if needed. T/C Encore rifle with 209X50 Magnum .50 cal muzzle loader barrel. Has a Simmons 2.8-10x44 silver scope on a blue Weaver see-through mount. Optics look great. Stock has some scuffs and scratches. Barrel and scope show a similar level of scuffing. Serial number puts it at 1999 production. Since the barrel can be swapped out for a modern cartridge barrel, this must ship to a FFL.

SPF $450 including shipping in a flat rate large Priority box, FFL to FFL

4nv0gr1.jpg

VoKxtCz.jpg

rMdW9pa.jpg

O7eTZnt.jpg

New pics added 8/28/19. The plug came out easily, the threads are in good shape and were loaded with grease. There is some corrosion on the interior end of the plug (pardon the lint at the high zoom - the grease is a lint magnet). The bore is bright and shiny, in fine condition. I tried to get pics but that never works well for me. The first bore pic is from the muzzle end with a rag over my bore light to dim it, but it ended up dimming too much. The other two are from the breech end at an angle with no rag filter on the light. The front sight looks like it once held a fiber optic insert which is now missing. There are spots of discoloration on the interior of the frame as shown. Most of what I saw that was accessible came off with Hoppe's but I couldn't get in to clean the spot in the interior corner very well. The stock has multiple scratches. I forgot to take pics of the forearm which was sitting on another bench. Overall it seems to be in good solid shooting condition with some cosmetic issues plus the fiber missing from the front sight (but the scope makes the sight redundant). I reassembled the barrel plug and primer extractor but otherwise left it apart for shipping. I will see later whether I can pack it all into one of the boardgame size large flat rate boxes with the barrel at a diagonal - if so, I can come up with a fixed shipping/insurance amount to all 50 states.

jl4zxyB.jpg

LNuqitd.jpg

iS2wcT5.jpg

3xHhLFY.jpg

vxpqqjy.jpg

kucPq9T.jpg

6m0aAcF.jpg

VSyqkTR.jpg

dZEg3e4.jpg

ELc0NnV.jpg

BLjJmmr.jpg

RjnPWt2.jpg

IBwqbs0.jpg

TiTVBSX.jpg

xlmYe15.jpg

cocrCR0.jpg

r5Q4xcv.jpg

Ww32IDD.jpg

9Ipfu9M.jpg

l6vPOWg.jpg

etiFKy5.jpg

krw

Blackhawk
What cond is inside of bbl? Will breech plug come out? Percussion cap or 209 ignition? Will nipple come out? Thanks. Krw

krw

Blackhawk
Jus brk her open. Nipple and breech plug will be staring at you. With it bein 99 model, it will prob take a wrench or socket to remove breach plug. This is common place to look for corrosion and rust from poor maintenance on ML's. Thanks
PS. This is a good time to shine light down bbl also

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
I tried the boardgame sized large flat rate Priority box and the barrel is about 1/2" too long at a diagonal. I can still fold the flaps over it and tape it closed and have done that before on things that don't quite fit the flat rate boxes and the PO has never given me any grief about it. So with insurance, I can ship like that for $30.

It will cost more to ship in a larger box if the buyer wants that extra protection.

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
I can also ship USPS Ground. Depending on the distance, that can save $20 or more over Priority.

I ship insured, and in this price range, I go for $600 insurance (cost $9.35) since that is the level that gets automatic signature required and is cheaper than $500 insurance (cost $6.95) + signature confirmation (cost $3.05)

I'll make the same offer to everyone that I made to krw: I will pick up the first $20 in shipping cost, balance to buyer.

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Updated to now include the $30 Priority shipping at the same price.

That will be in the Priority box that it won't quite fit in... box flaps barely covering the muzzle, taped down and end of box bulging out a little, but with foam padding on the barrel. Everything else will be carefully packed and padded as well.

If you want the protection of a bigger pay-by-weight/size/distance box, the extra will be on your nickel :D