Blackhawk with a bulged barrel.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

When he tells me it shoots just fine bear in mind the guy is considerably older than I am, and I'm no spring chicken myself. I'm not sure he can see well enough to know if it shoots fine or not. But that's just me. I knew last night this wasn't going to come together, but he was hopeful. I was glad to have HIS money!! :mrgreen:

David Bradshaw

Blackhawk
".... he tells me it shoots just fine..."
----Bear Paw Jack

Talk is cheap. A bulged barrel cannot contribute to accuracy, often kills accuracy outright. A load which sticks a bullet in the barrel, or SQUIB, does not bulge the bore. A bullet which strikes an obstruction in the bore very likely produces a bulge. Even snow can do this.

Likely scenario
* a squib stuck in the bore was hit by another bullet. Common enough occurrence, especially from persons who don't notice the discharge quality of each shot.
* shooter knows a bullet is stuck in the bore, fires another round to remove stuck bullet. This kind of stunt works on a billiard table, not in a firearm.
David Bradshaw

David all this rings true. I have had to push out a bullet stuck in a barrel. No bulge at all. Just one bullet was stuck. Lead bullet, went to see a gun smith and he wasn't there and the guy working didn't want to "risk it," so I went to the back put it in a vice and pounded it out. You couldn't even tell, it ever happened.

I agree something was in there before someone shot the gun. Had to be.

SargeMO

Single-Sixer
Bear Paw Jack said:
When he tells me it shoots just fine bear in mind the guy is considerably older than I am, and I'm no spring chicken myself. I'm not sure he can see well enough to know if it shoots fine or not. But that's just me. I knew last night this wasn't going to come together, but he was hopeful. I was glad to have HIS money!! :mrgreen:

Maybe it shoots as well as he can see ;)

magoo_012.jpg

Enigma

Hunter
If the serial number is placed low enough to allow for the cylinder opening to be enlarged, it MIGHT make a good donor for a custom revolver for someone. One of the custom revolver smiths could work wonders with it, and turn it into something unique1