New Single Six Bisley .32 H&R front sight issue

Help Support Ruger Forum:

DeltaRose

Single-Sixer
After a thorough cleaning and installing a 30 oz. Wolff trigger return spring (trigger pull is now 2 pounds with just a little creep), I got to the range yesterday with my new Single Six Bisley .32 H&R. The gun shoots very tight groups (1.5" @ 25 yards with .32 S&W long 98 gr. LRN). Unfortunately, every load I tried (Federal 85 gr. JHP, Hornady 80 gr. Critical Defense, Aguila 98 gr. LRN .32 S&W long) shoots 5.5 to 6 inches high at 25 yards with the rear sight bottomed out.

I measured my front sight height at 0.425" from barrel to the top of the sight blade. By my calculations, to raise the point of impact 9 to 9 1/2" (allowing for elevation range with the bottomed our rear sight), the front sight should be about 0.512 tall:

Sight radius x point of impact error
——————————————————-——— = front sight correction
Distance to target

8.25" x 9.5"
——————- = 0.08708"
900"

0.08708" + 0.425" = 0.512

Does anyone have a front sight this tall as installed by the Ruger factory? I plan on calling Ruger to see if they will send me a taller front sight.

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
Speed that bullet up ,,,,a bunch.
That gun will shoot a 32 long but the sights were designed for a much faster 32 mag.
Slower bullets impact higher .

z1r

Single-Sixer
contender said:
If Ruger doesn't help,, contact our own 2dogs. He, (Fermin) has some EXCELLENT front sights for a 32 Ruger.

Second that. Great guy producing a great sight.

DeltaRose

Single-Sixer
Ruger does not have a taller front sight available.

Needsmostuff- The gun shoots high even with the 2 .32 H & R loads indicated above.

Contender – Thanks. I called Fermin this morning and spoke with him. I've got a new taller front sight on the way.

Thumbcocker

Blackhawk
That run of .32 mags had short sights. I called Ruger and they said no different sight was available. Called Lipsey's and let them know. Since I did not know about the 2 dogs sights I had to settle for an aluminum one made locally. I have had problems with other recently manufactured Rugers with the sights being wrong.

Joe S.

Hunter
Another HECK YEA for 2dogs (Fermin Garza)'s sights!!
He can also get your cylinder throats cleaned up if you start shooting cast and need it.

DeltaRose

Single-Sixer
I just installed Fermin Garza's front sight on my Bisley yesterday. I was quite impressed with it at the range, so much so that I ordered another one for my .22 convertible. If you missed the article about the Bisley and Fermin's front sight in this month's American Handgunner here is the link:

https://americanhandgunner.com/handguns/make-mine-a-bisley/

DeltaRose

Single-Sixer
Yup, you were right. Here is another American Handgunner article if anyone would like more information about Fermin's sights:

https://americanhandgunner.com/our-experts/garzas-custom-revolver-sights/

rugerlovah

Single-Sixer
the fermin is a better answer, but when this happened with my single six i installed the front sight from a mk3 auto ... ta da, problem solved. looked a little different though.