LCRX .357 - 3"

Help Support Ruger Forum:

9x19

Hunter
Finally came across one for a good price ~ this is a factory demo but without a blemish to be found.

I like the extra weight this one offers over the .38 SPL model. It should be a fluffy kittens cat with +P .38s and easy to manage with my mid-range 125gr JHP magnum loads. I now own one each of the four cartridges the 3" model is offered in, so Ruger: You can bring out the next one... :D

A2SQACm.jpg

s4s4u

Hunter
Nice. I have the original LCRx and really like it although not much fun to shoot long sessions. That larger handle and barrel looks nicely proportionate. Might have to look into one.

If I remember correctly, the 4 cartridges are 22 LR, 22 Mag, 38 Special, and 357 mag. I'm still needing the 22 Mag. Looking for (if not a good deal) a reasonable deal would be nice. At some point you have to think the 327 FM, will come out as well.

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
I have a 38spl. So far I like the gun but it is not an instinctive shooter for me.
I seem to grab the grip on the low side making it roll more during recoil. That plus the sighting plain is high for me so I have to look around for the sights. Yup I need the sights because it does not "point" well for me either.
Sounds like I need a different gun but MAN ,,,, does it carry well.

9x19

Hunter
recumbent said:
They did; they have the LCRx in 9mm and 327 fed mag.
https://ruger.com/products/lcrx/models.html

Hmmm, but not (yet) with a 3" barrel and adjustable sight. :cry:

NikA

Buckeye
I believe the "frame update" he is referring to is that change in frame material from aluminum alloy on the .38 LCRs to stainless on the .357 guns. If you look at the weights in the Ruger specs, there is a relatively large difference in weight between the two models.

hittman

Staff member
Yikes! By the time I get it transferred here I'd have a tad over $500 in it. Looks like I'll have to be patient and look for one on the used market.

JStacy

Blackhawk
Ruger LCRX 357 3" frame "Monolithic frame is made from 400-series stainless steel." from Ruger web site
They do have , per Ruger , a 22mag 3" LCRX
Buds list the 357 LCRX as DA only ? Misprint ? Misprint Ruger comments "exposed hammer for single action shooting"

9x19

Hunter
Had it out to the range this morning, we got along great shooting the (mid-range) 125gr hand-loads; very good accuracy, and no sticky extraction or any other hang ups.

I'm quite pleased, and not at all surprised given my experience with the other three 3" models I own (.22LR, .22WMR, .38Spl)