EC9S malfunction

Help Support Ruger Forum:

johnnylaw53

Bearcat
I purchase an EC9S to replace my LC9 when i took it to the range today almost every magazine I would get a jam it would fail to extract the spend case. I fire 200 rounds thinking maybe it needed to be broken in, but never got any better. I read a lot of reviews before i got it and it seems to get really good reviews. got an email into Ruger to see if they can help me out any, I noticed they no longer include warranty cards in the box I hope they still have some kind of warranty.

hittman

Staff member
Clean.
Lube.
Shoot .... I try to run 350 rounds to break one in.

Try different magazines and different ammo.

But yes, Prescott will take care of it.

johnnylaw53

Bearcat
Yes I did clean it before I shot it one of the reasons I went with the EC9S was because I had several magazines and holsters. So I used several magazines and three type of ammo gave me problems with all magazines and the ammo I used. Other then my site coming loose on my LC9 I never had problems with it till just recently when the trigger started having problems waiting to see what Ruger tells me

johnnylaw53

Bearcat
I talked to Ruger this morning the guy was very helpful emailed me a shipping label it is now on the way to Arizona. Very helpful guy I'm feeling good that the problems will be fixed.

Buckeye!

Blackhawk
Im late replying... But I have found breaking in small 9 semi auto with +P works well ...
I did with my Kahr CW9 and Glock 43 ..

johnnylaw53

Bearcat
Well got it back last week and just went to shoot it today as Monday our local range give a great deal for veterans. Put two hundred rounds thur it no problems what so ever this is how it should be. They replace the extractor and some spring. Great service.

Muley Gil

Blackhawk
johnnylaw53 said:
Well got it back last week and just went to shoot it today as Monday our local range give a great deal for veterans. Put two hundred rounds thur it no problems what so ever this is how it should be. They replace the extractor and some spring. Great service.

I bought a EC9s back around Christmas 2018. It replaced the Colt Agent .38 special that I have been carrying since 2006. I've fired over 200 rounds, a mixture of hardball and hollow points. No malfunctions what so ever. I think you will like yours. I'm very happy with mine.