ruger 22 wrangler

Help Support Ruger Forum:

The two I picked up, I got from Sportsmans Warehouse. I believe they were $199.99 each plus tax. Sounds like it's a reasonable price. Sportsmans doesn't charge for a backround check. Far as I know, no one does. Anyway, the time to jump is when you find one.

t-reg

Single-Sixer
I'm first in line at the LGS.

Over 3 months and still no Wranglers around here.

gramps said:
recumbent said:
gramps said:
Yep, cheaper than Heritage!
gramps
Around here Heritage's sell for $139
Wow! The cheapest here in Middle Tn is $239.00! I will buy a Wrangler before an Heritage. 8)
gramps

I think Heritage must make various models, some cheaper than others. Must have to do w/frame (or grip frame?) materials.

The loss-leader Heritage revolvers that I have seen advertised for $99 on Black Friday and the like, are "Not available in MN." Other Heritage revolvers are available here, albeit at a higher price point.

The new Wranglers aren't available in MN, apparently due to a "melting point" law that we have on the books. I guess the zinc grip frame is the stumbling point.

At first I was angry and disappointed about it. Now, I'm just looking for another Single-Six, instead! 8)

Mus408

Hunter
A local gun shop here is having a big sale next week and the flyer claims they will have several in stock for 199.00

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Uncle Howie said:
The new Wranglers aren't available in MN, apparently due to a "melting point" law that we have on the books. I guess the zinc grip frame is the stumbling point.

At first I was angry and disappointed about it. Now, I'm just looking for another Single-Six, instead! 8)

I always figured if and when I got one, the low melting point, heavier zinc alloy (ZAMAK) grip frame would go in the trash and I'd replace it with a Single Six alum alloy grip frame/walnut grips; the #XR3 smaller old model (drill one hole for it to work on the NM). And adapt the NM trigger by removing the spring shelf on its back to use the OM grip frame trig return spring.

I'd get the silver one, blue the barrel and swap out the 'hollow' hammer, trigger, and non-fluted steel cyl parts for the Single Six parts. Make it a NM version of the old model Lightweight. Second one down on the left:

orig.jpg

old 41

Bearcat
Bear Paw Jack said:
The two I picked up, I got from Sportsmans Warehouse. I believe they were $199.99 each plus tax. Sounds like it's a reasonable price. Sportsmans doesn't charge for a backround check. Far as I know, no one does. Anyway, the time to jump is when you find one.
Oregon state charges $10, they do their own BG check.

Justice B. Swift

Single-Sixer
Yep. Good price. My adult daughter just picked one up at our local Bi-Mart store at the same price you mentioned. It was her first purchase of a new handgun. A proud moment for her "papa". We have yet to get out to the range, but it's coming soon. This was the first "Wrangler" that either of us had seen in the flesh and at that price we were not leaving it behind. She won the coin toss and was all smiles. Made me happy she won the toss. Girls with guns! Gotta love it. Hopefully I'll get a chance to shoot it too. Go get yours before it's gone.