(Sort of ...) NIB Ruger GP 100 for $200.00

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mac66

Single-Sixer
dfletcher said:
Well, shipped for free and fixed for free. Kind of a PITA that I can't have it held at the FedEx hub instead of delivered to home address, where I'm not at home during the work day. They won't redirect. Basically, I'll have to sit at home and wait for it.

Ruger says FedEx will try 3 deliveries. Question - if I don't sit & wait and they leave a door tag the 1st time, can I then tell FedEx to hang on to it for pick up at their hub?

Yes, generally if you let them know they will hold it at their facility for pickup. Could you not get a friend, relative, neighbor to wait at your home for delivery?

Busterswoodshop

Buckeye
dfletcher said:
Well, shipped for free and fixed for free. Kind of a PITA that I can't have it held at the FedEx hub instead of delivered to home address, where I'm not at home during the work day. They won't redirect. Basically, I'll have to sit at home and wait for it.

Ruger says FedEx will try 3 deliveries. Question - if I don't sit & wait and they leave a door tag the 1st time, can I then tell FedEx to hang on to it for pick up at their hub?
I have had a few guns shipped to me through FedEx and have had them kept at a hub until I could pick them up.
If you have the tracking number look it up and there should be an option to have it held at a local hub.

dfletcher said:
If they send a new gun the "great deal" is no longer so great, unless it carries the same serial number. If they send me a gun with a different serial number it will most likely have to go to a CA FFL. And unless I get a deal going through one of my locals that's going to cost me about $125.00 in transfer costs. Still not bad.

Really? $125 in transfer cost? Is this what it takes to buy a new gun too?

Latest posts