Randall Number 1

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Quite a few years ago, someone here posted a couple pictures of some Randall Bowie knives. I'm sorry, but I just don't remember who. Well, I'd never heard of them, so I had to find out for myself.

Here is a Randall Number 1. Just the standard knife, no changes were ordered. It was suppose to come last fall, but there was some delay, and I finally ended up getting it just last week.

And oh yes, I'm going to use it! It's too nice to just sit around.
mmb3ZoJl.jpg

It has a leather wrapped handle and the 7 inch blade, which is sharpened on both sides at the tip.
Ijxn7uRl.jpg

Lt3HbgKl.jpg

pete44ru

Hunter

Wait until you find out about "brown button" Randall's - and, no, Randall never made a folder..... :mrgreen:

BTW: the colors, thickness and order of installation of the handle spacers is a way to date when a Randall was made.

My favorite Randall:

Pe6zJnq.jpg

Model 11, Alaskan Skinner. We used to have two others but they have been passed down. In 2013 when our oldest nephew turned 13 he got the model 8, Bird and Trout:

VMMff3q.jpg

When our niece turned 13 she got this one that was a Birthday present from my Brother many years ago, model 27:

flx6EdC.jpg

Every guy and gal should have a Randall to pass along down the family tree!

tom black

Blackhawk
Windy your killing me. One of my many weaknesses are stag handle knives.
Tom Black

gramps said:
Nice knives! Tom Black, I too enjoy stag/elk antler on knives and guns! Randall #1's were popular carry knives in Vietnam Nam.
gramps

And darned hard to get. I ended up using an issue USAF Pilot's Survival Knife. It worked just fine, heck still does today. But it never had the panache of a Randall. That's why I had to scratch the life long itch for an Attack-Survival model.

BearBio

Buckeye
I have several. Saw my first Number One in 1971 on a Green Beret coming back from "Nam. Bought mine at Pony Express in Van Nuys in '72. Have a Model 23 and a Model 8 that have each done a couple of elk, several deer and many wild pigs (and a few steaks around the campfire!). During an elk hunt in Utah, a porcupine got into my tent and ate the leather handle on my 23, so I re-did it in buff horn to match my hunting backup 45 OM Blackhawk.

Now I have a Yukon Skinner I bought in Anchorage about 10 years ago and changed the grips on my Blackhawk to moose antler and that is now my main hunting rig.

50 years of hunting big game and, in my opinion, Randall's and Ruger OMs can't be beat!

Latest posts