New Ruger .22 Revolver Introduced

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gunzo

Hunter
Still none around here.

The big boys, Buds, Whitakers, Ky. Gun Co. & Centerfire Systems have none & not sure they've ever had. I doesn't seem Ruger can even supply Kentucky with these, so looks it's gonna be a while until the pipeline is full.

Shorty Jenkins

Blackhawk
My local dealer ordered 8, two for me and the rest for stock, when they were first announced. Couple of weeks later he received one.
It was the silver and black that I wanted, so it came home with me. After countless tries he came up short on any more. One of the regulars
here on the forum (louiethelump) had a mate to mine and graciously sold it to me. I now have a pair and couldn't be more pleased with them. (added some stag grips) My dealer still hasn't had any more come in and when he questioned his distributor he was told Ruger had stopped production (temporarily) and was concentrating on a new rifle and a modified 1911. All I know for sure is...…….if they ever start showing up again, I'll be buying at least a couple more in different finishes. These are sweet little revolvers, great shooters and affordable. Not to mention Ruger-tough. That's just my two cents.

ADP3

Single-Sixer
I dropped by Sportsman's Warehouse yesterday. Since it's in the same shopping center as my grocery store, I run in fairly often. They had 3 of the Black Cerakote Wranglers in at $199.99 each. Two had consecutive serial numbers so they came home with me. As soon as it cools off around here I'll take them to the range. The fit was decent, but the barrel/cylinder gap could have been tighter. Trigger pulls were crisp. Lockup was tight. Bores were done nicely, and chambers were smooth. Seems like they'll be a handy little plinker.

Best Regards,
ADP3

louiethelump

Buckeye
If anyone is seriously looking for a Wrangler, Smokey Mountain Guns in TN is showing the black ones in stock. I don't know how many they have but they are about the best price out there. I bought a silver one on Gunbroker last night as I have a black one already. I paid much more than the Smokey Mountain price which is the lowest I have seen anywhere.

For those folks in the NH or Southern ME locals, KTP has a sale on the Wrangler revolvers now while stock lasts, they have the Bronze and Black models in stock for $169.99 ea....NH residents of course, pay no taxes or any transfer fees so that is the total cost...best price I have seen for In-stock and no additional fees such as shipping of FFL fees.

They had about forty of each model in stock (Ruger Model #2002 & 2004) as of this morning...my guess is they will go fast.

Shorty Jenkins

Blackhawk
NH Rugerman ~ Thanks for the info. About 9:15 this morning I called KTP. Very nice salesperson answered, hence I bought a Bronze model. It should be in my hands mid-week. I have a pair of the Silver ones and thought I'd try the Bronze.

This is a good example of how folks on the forum are always helping each other. Again, thanks NH Rugerman you sure made
my Saturday!!

Many thanks,
Shorty

Shorty Jenkins said:
NH Rugerman ~ Thanks for the info. About 9:15 this morning I called KTP. Very nice salesperson answered, hence I bought a Bronze model. It should be in my hands mid-week. I have a pair of the Silver ones and thought I'd try the Bronze.

This is a good example of how folks on the forum are always helping each other. Again, thanks NH Rugerman you sure made
my Saturday!!

Many thanks,
Shorty

Your most welcome, Shorty, glad I could help my fellow forum member! I think I like the silver one best...

Enjoy!!

louiethelump

Buckeye
I bought a bronze and I thought it was butt ugly. Not at all what I expected. Photos I had seen made it look like that new tan color they call FDE I think. Anyway, I passed it on to a fellow who thought it was wonderful. Each to their own. I love the fact that Ruger offers us such variety.

Blackmore

Blackhawk
NH Rugerman said:
For those folks in the NH or Southern ME locals, KTP has a sale on the Wrangler revolvers now while stock lasts, they have the Bronze and Black models in stock for $169.99 ea....NH residents of course, pay no taxes or any transfer fees so that is the total cost...best price I have seen for In-stock and no additional fees such as shipping of FFL fees.

They had about forty of each model in stock (Ruger Model #2002 & 2004) as of this morning...my guess is they will go fast.

Thanks, Paul. I'll have to call first but will probably make a rainy morning road trip.

Blackmore said:
NH Rugerman said:

Thanks, Paul. I'll have to call first but will probably make a rainy morning road trip.

Bob-
I suggest that you should call first and confirm they still have them...

Good luck and your welcome!

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Gun Genie should not be overlooked. The lifetime repair/replace guarantee is worth the slight price for a newly-released, "ship 'em fast as you can" model.

That said I prefer to hold a gun in my hands before I pull out the green. I found the bc gap varies widely and the ill-fitted grips to be commonly seen.

For those that have different colors, have you noticed differences in your ability to to get a good sight picture? I think I like the looks of the black ones best, but most of my target shooting is with black targets. I guess site paint may be needed on any of them...

REP1954

Blackhawk
Well I was trying to keep a open mind with this Wrangler thing and about a week ago I finally got to handle one. After about 60 seconds of the dry heaves I managed to get the salesman close enough to take it out of my hand. I here by call for the immediate resignation of all Ruger employees who had anything to do with this contraption coming to market.
Back in WWII the US made a gun called the Liberator it was to be packaged with 7 rounds of 45 ACP ammo and meant to be air dropped to under ground forces overseas. After the 7 shots were gone the gun was meant to be disposed of. In testing the gun began to fall apart after 50 rounds. Just saying!