RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:50 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:38 am 
Buckeye

Surely someone local could screw a barrel on the thing. Just a thought.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1404560

Just as The Sun Went Down
https://youtu.be/0WLtYgivQsU

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:21 pm 
Buckeye

Muley Gil wrote:
"My plan is to just mail it in to Ruger for replacement."

Only FFL holders can mail handguns. Hopefully Ruger will send you a shipping label for either UPS or FedEx. If they don't, have your local gun shop send it via mail. It should be a lot cheaper than you taking it to a UPS or FedEx hub.

I guess I shouldn't use "mail" in its generic form. Ruger sent me a FedEx shipping label, sent it back last week. Just received an e-mail that it's "with a tech" for assessment.

Political science without biography is taxidermy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:25 pm 
Buckeye

LAH wrote:
Surely someone local could screw a barrel on the thing. Just a thought.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1404560

Heck, I could. Have done a few Smith & Wessons - wait, maybe that was Dan Wesson .... :wink:

I have done a few Smiths, but I want a 6" barrel and figure if Ruger does it for no cost, all the better - I'm in no hurry.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:49 pm 
Buckeye

Well, shipped for free and fixed for free. Kind of a PITA that I can't have it held at the FedEx hub instead of delivered to home address, where I'm not at home during the work day. They won't redirect. Basically, I'll have to sit at home and wait for it.

Ruger says FedEx will try 3 deliveries. Question - if I don't sit & wait and they leave a door tag the 1st time, can I then tell FedEx to hang on to it for pick up at their hub?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:54 pm 
Hunter

In Missouri, I can ship a firearm to Ruger, without FFL. Different from a transfer. I bought a well used 1974 BH. .357. It was loose. Accurate, but light primer strikes. Ruger did send me a plain brown box. I shipped it Fed Ex. Then Fed Ex delivered to front door. I signed for it. Pain free. Ruger put new parts in frame. Cost me nothing

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:29 am 
Single-Sixer

dfletcher wrote:
Well, shipped for free and fixed for free. Kind of a PITA that I can't have it held at the FedEx hub instead of delivered to home address, where I'm not at home during the work day. They won't redirect. Basically, I'll have to sit at home and wait for it.

Ruger says FedEx will try 3 deliveries. Question - if I don't sit & wait and they leave a door tag the 1st time, can I then tell FedEx to hang on to it for pick up at their hub?

Yes, generally if you let them know they will hold it at their facility for pickup. Could you not get a friend, relative, neighbor to wait at your home for delivery?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:01 am 
Buckeye

dfletcher wrote:

I have had a few guns shipped to me through FedEx and have had them kept at a hub until I could pick them up.
If you have the tracking number look it up and there should be an option to have it held at a local hub.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:50 pm 
Single-Sixer

Did you pick up the GP 100 yet..
Did it all work out?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:03 pm 
Hunter

dfletcher wrote:

If they send a new gun the "great deal" is no longer so great, unless it carries the same serial number. If they send me a gun with a different serial number it will most likely have to go to a CA FFL. And unless I get a deal going through one of my locals that's going to cost me about $125.00 in transfer costs. Still not bad.

Really? $125 in transfer cost? Is this what it takes to buy a new gun too?