The Double Action Guy buys a Single Action

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Was at the OGCA show this weekend with ROCS, displaying my low back and high back Six series revolvers. I get kidded (good natured of course) about my (their opinion) severe lack of Ruger SA revolvers. I was mentioning to one member that I actually have 9 SA revolvers (bear with me, part of the story). I have:

1 OM Blackhawk (unconverted, .357 Mag)
1 NM Blackhawk (.45 Colt)

1 OM Single Six (Flatgate, unconverted)
1 NM Single Six

2 NM Super Blackhawks (ROCS special edition and standard model)

2 NM Bearcats (ROCS special edition and a Lipseys special (adj sights))

Oh, and #9 is a Colt Frontier Scout .22 LR (Duo-Tone)

Well, I decided that I needed to get an OM Super and an OM Bearcat to have pairs of them that I might use as display sometime.

Walking around the OGCA Meeting/Show I found something that would work. OM Super, sn/ 361XX (1968) unconverted, very good condition and got it for a pretty good (according to the SA guys) price. The only thing wrong with it is the grip panels, they are new, not the originals. So, I'll now be on the hunt for period correct grips for it (if anyone has any leads, I'd be grateful). Until then, I'll shoot it (maybe) with what came with it.

Next I'll look around, probably at the Tulsa show this fall for a "OM" Bearcat.

Here is a quick view:

hittman

Staff member
That's a fine looking Super Ron!
Congrats.

I too was gonna refer you to the link above. Member CMH has a set to sell.

Dave,
I do have an new model Super with a 4 5/8 bbl and I like to shoot it also. Although my main addiction is the Ruger DA's I now have an old model and new model of the
Single Six
Blackhawk
Super Blackhawk

Now I'll be looking for a old model Bearcat to go with my Lipseys Special Bearcat that I won this spring. I know there are a few here on the forum but I need to build up the funds first :( (and Tulsa is coming up in Nov :D )

And all my SA's are/will be shooters. (Well, I don't know if I'll shoot the 1956 flatgate Single Six)

I don't count my ROCS special guns (4 now) because they are, well, Special.

Latest posts