Question about .32 H&R mag Single six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

DeltaRose

Single-Sixer
Did Ruger ever make a stainless Single six with a 5 1/2" barrel and adjustable sights in .32 H&R mag?

48flyer

Single-Sixer
They did. It had the fiber optic front sight on it. Very limited run (Davidsons) I think.
99 of them built, according to my records. I have one of them.

DeltaRose

Single-Sixer
48flyer said:
They did. It had the fiber optic front sight on it. Very limited run (Davidsons) I think.
99 of them built, according to my records. I have one of them.

Thanks for the information. I knew they were a limited run, but I did not realize the production number was so low. I guess my chances of ever finding one for sale is quite low.

And I thought my search for my S&W 631 was difficult......

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
A little inspiration (or teasing ,depending how you look at it) for you.
Catalog # KSSM-5 , model 06518
413863504.jpg

Got this one cheap from a dealer who said it would not sell because " No one wants a 32 mag anymore ,,,, just 327s ".
Funny thing was he had 2 of them. If I had known the low production numbers I would have bought both.

DeltaRose

Single-Sixer
needsmostuff said:
Got this one cheap from a dealer who said it would not sell because " No one wants a 32 mag anymore ,,,, just 327s ".
Funny thing was he had 2 of them. If I had known the low production numbers I would have bought both.

Ouch. You're killin' me....

z1r

Single-Sixer
Hondo44 said:
The 06518 were "clean up" guns.

There was also a blue 5 1/2" with fixed sights model # 06517, 99 made.

I have one of those 06517's. I had no idea so few were made. I decided I needed another .32 H&R and this one popped up on the classifieds back when you didn't see many .32 H&R Rugers for sale.

DeltaRose

Single-Sixer
Does anyone have the Lipsey's blued 6 1/2" Bisley (#6538) and if so, how do you like it? Any idea as to the production numbers for this model?
6538.jpg

bogus bill

Hunter
I bought this about seventeen years ago. It was used/new. Bought dies for it. I think its a good trail gun.

SPBhawk

Single-Sixer
I have a single six plow handle 6.5 bbl 32 H&R and I love it ! That is the most common config, though in shorter bbl lengths as well.

In my experience, they are accurate flat shooters. A lot of fun. I'm not letting mine go anytime soon.

Ditmo

Single-Sixer
I have one of the 06517's as well. Great shooter. I had no idea only 99 were made.

I bought the 5.5" Bisley (8164) thinking I would like the bisley grip. I haven't really taken a like to it. I guess all the plow handle shooting I've done is just natural for me. It's a fine revolver and shoots well it just doesn't feel quite right.

DeltaRose

Single-Sixer
Thank you all for the responses. Still wondering if there is anybody out there that actually has a new Bisley model?

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
Yes , I do have one . Do I like it to shoot? Don't know . Have not shot it yet . But I can guess at a few things.
Looks to be a platform well suited to wring the most out of a 32 mag ,,,,but a bit large ,for a 32MAG.
I am not a huge Bisley grip fan. For me they have a purpose in the world of heavy recoil , and the 32H&R/327FED do not represent that. To some the Bisley grip aesthetically overpowers the Single Six frame.
Others prefer the Bisley frame above a plow handle for ALL guns and jump thru hoops to get them.
So it boils down to your preference. Get down to a local well stocked gun store and grab a bunch of Rugers and point them . I mean a bunch.
You will know ,quite soon , if a Bisley is the thing for you.

DeltaRose

Single-Sixer
Thanks for the post. While I do have a Single-six, a Blackhawk and a Super Blackhawk, I've never handled or shot a Bisley framed Ruger yet. Unfortunately none of the shops in this area seem to have one in stock for me to try.

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
Yup , important to touchy-feelie test drive a Bisley ,,,, caliber unimportant .
Recoil is not a factor here , just see how they instinctively point ,,,,,,,, for you.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
DeltaRose said:
Does anyone have the Lipsey's blued 6 1/2" Bisley (#6538) and if so, how do you like it? Any idea as to the production numbers for this model?
6538.jpg

Rare, with adjustable sights, 6 1/2" barrel, and roll marked cyl (as you show), production in the 100 -200s. Clean up guns last shipped in 2007.

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
Hondo44 said:
DeltaRose said:

Rare, with adjustable sights, 6 1/2" barrel, and roll marked cyl (as you show), production in the 100 -200s. Clean up guns last shipped in 2007.

Seems like a new release is out and about.
When I punch my ser# in the new Ruger search it says shipped in 2017.
Of course , no mention of production numbers.
Serial number of my model 06518 is 650-5722X
Serial number of my model 06538 is 650-5810X
So they are very close with 06538 coming after the 06518.

DeltaRose

Single-Sixer
Hondo44 said:
DeltaRose said:
6538.jpg

Actually, this one is not rare. This is current production, listed on the Ruger website as well as Lipsey's website:

https://www.ruger.com/products/newModelSingleSix/specSheets/6538.html
http://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=RURB32AW