LCP repair+

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ordguy

Single-Sixer
Recently at the range I saw the Takedown Pin in my LCP coming out. Pushed it back in and fired a round. Takedown Pin came out, slide flew off and landed about 5 feet in front of me with a new round under the extractor. I found all the parts except the Outer Recoil Spring. Ruger gave me a RMA # and shipping label.

The LCP came back with a slip showing what they did. Replaced the Barrel, Extractor, Takedown Pin, Takedown Detent, Guide Rod, Inner & Outer Recoil Springs. 24 rounds fired without malfunction.

Way more than I expected. I certainly appreciate the attention Ruger gave to my LCP.

Pps1980

Single-Sixer
Always have had EXCELLENT CS from Ruger, its a big part of why I own more Ruger firearms than any other maker.

for good or bad that is one of the things I've heard about sending a gun back to Ruger... you basically get a customized one in return. I just hope they did not replace the take down pin with one just like the original.

blume357 said:
for good or bad that is one of the things I've heard about sending a gun back to Ruger... you basically get a customized one in return. I just hope they did not replace the take down pin with one just like the original.
Why not?
gramps

Ordguy

Single-Sixer
blume357 said:
Seems kind of obvious: the first one was defective.... replace it with another defective one?

How did you reach that conclusion? Because it came out?

Takedown Detent was the defective part.

Latest posts