Pasco tool

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Fla Trooper 265

Bearcat
I would like to purchase a Paco Kelly Accuriser tool. I just want to improve accuracy. Which tool should I get and who has them for sale? I called some of the vendors on their websight but none of them had it.

recumbent

Buckeye
The die threads into a loading press, it comes with a shell holder and 3 inserts round nose, hollow point, and the one that looks like an Eley nose. When you size it is making each round the same diameter and shaping the nose.
I like it because it makes each round the same where its real hard to do that with a Paco tool and a hammer.

jgt

Buckeye
I have one of the second designed dies from Paco called the "nasty nose" tool. It has a blunt point and a hollow point punch. One end makes 223 and the other 224 IIRC. It was the hammer type, but I was never comfortable whacking a die with a live round in it so I use a bench rest arbor press. It puts the same pressure on the die each time you use it. I have used the modified rounds on skunks and coons and one rattler so far. The rounds were accurate and devastating in the damage to the snake and coon. I shot the skunks in the midsection so they would run off and die some place else because I have had too many head shot skunks spray when headshot. Just because a die has a feature for a mallet does not mean you can not use a press.