The original 5 1/2" Bisley Vaquero, Where did they all go?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Don Lovel

Hunter
I knew back in the day when they first came out, the 357, 44, 45 Colt Bisley Vaqueros in blue and charcoal with the 5 1/2" barrel were some of the best balanced single action handguns Ruger has made. I got to shoot one in 44 Mag with full power 265gr loads and it was accurate and not bad on the hand. Fast out of a holster, great trail gun in big critter country.
I got a 7 1/2" Bisley Blackhawk in 45 Colt. A great handgun hunting tool. Smacks whitetails and bigger critters with serious power yet easy to shoot with standard loads. Sure would like to find a 5 1/2 Blued or charcoal. Apparently made of unobtanium. Late production polished stainless abound on Gunbroker.

Sacramento Johnson

Blackhawk
Hi!
I think a lot of the people who bought original Bisley Vaqueros (larger framed) are hanging onto them, for the reasons you mention above. They may not have the aesthetics of the plow handle Vaqueros, but are excellent for one handed firing and follow up shots.
The ones being sold on GB and elsewhere on the net are mostly the New Vaquero Bisley models with the smaller frame.

dad45

Single-Sixer
You are right they are all in hiding, in fact I have one that will someday be a project gun, and I am always on the lookout for another but as you say they do not ever present themselves

Latest posts